Highlighted

4.4.2 Update to Razr MAXX HD breaks Bluetooth

I have been using my Razr for the past year and a half to stream from my phone to a small bluetooth receiver in my car and all worked fine. After the recent update to 4.4.2, my bluetooth has had MAJOR connection problems. The first time I try to connect the device I immediately loose the connection and have to reconnect. Not a big issue, but annoying. Once I am able to get it connected, the first 30 seconds of song are extremely choppy and stuttering. Eventually this levels out once the screen is off for a while, but every few minutes it will start again. This is a major reason I use my smartphone and something my old non-smartphone had no trouble with.

Things I have tried:

• I have performed a soft reset on my phone as other posts have suggested, no change
  • I have tried to force another update, nothing found
  • I have unpaired the receiver and after MANY days of trying to get it re-paired (another issue) nothing was changed
  • I have turned off WiFi, no change

Streaming music through ChromeCast, wired headphones or the built in speaker does not stutter, only the bluetooth connection.

What can I do? I really do not feel that a hard reset will do anything, except make me re-setup my phone.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: 4.4.2 Update to Razr MAXX HD breaks Bluetooth

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Raivyn,

Updates are meant to make the device sweeter! It saddens me to hear that you are having issues with your Car Bluetooth connection. I have checked known issues with Bluetooth on this device, and this issue is not listed. What car make/model do you have? The car's bluetooth system may need to updated to be compatable with the new KitKat software.

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes
Highlighted

The bluetooth receiver is not built into the car, but a BlueFlame wireless music receiver (BlueFlame Wireless Music Receiver (BF4090) : Target). This device worked perfectly prior to the update and not after. Is there a certain BlueTooth specification I should be looking for when choosing a receiver?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Raivyn,

Thanks for details! The BlueFlame wireless music receiver may need to be updated to work with KitKat. Is there a number to contact the manufacturer on the box in the manual for the item?

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes