4.4.2. KitKat Update
JimmyTzToys
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been surprised at all the changes to my Droid Razr HD phone operation since I allowed the 4.4.2. KitKat update to my phone.

I when to the Motorola site to down load the updated manual but it hasn’t changed since the update.

I would like to find some information about the KitKat update and the new features and apps that it as introduced to my phone.

Jim

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: 4.4.2. KitKat Update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello JimmyTzToyz

I'm glad to see that you are excited to experience all of the new enhancements that Kit Kat has to offer. For a overview of the Kit Kat update, here's a link for your reading pleasure in a .pdf file.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/dam/support/pdf/system_update/droidrazrhd-05-12-14.pdf

Thank you…

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
JimmyTzToys
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for your quick response.

Not sure "excited" is the term I'd use about how I feel about this Kit Kat update.Smiley Happy

I did download the PDF file you referred me to. I’ve already reviewed that file.

I’m experiencing a number of additional areas of change that have been brought about by this update.

• People APP “phone” how you find your contacts has changed.
  • Messaging App “text” how you find your contact has changed and also I’m not getting notice when a text with an attachment has been sent.
  • What does “Droid Zap App” do for me??
  • Is the “translate App” new??
  • What is “Smart Action App”?
  • I don’t remember the “Photos App” being on my phone before, I like it!!!!!!!!!
  • Some of my settings changed and I’m not sure if I’ve found all of the changes to restore them back.
0 Likes
JimmyTzToys
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm being told that there will be an update coming out soon to correct all the problems that the Kit Kat update as caused.

Is this correct and if so when?

Thanks

James T Hamilton

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's always good to be aware of any upcoming enhacements JimmyTzToys, and tha'ts a great question. We make it a top priority to ensure your device is running smoothly. At this time, there are no updates regarding a new software version. However, if one is released, you will be notified.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport 

0 Likes
RHargra
Enthusiast - Level 1

This update ruined our Razr M

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

An update should only improve your device RHargra! Please tell me more about what's going on with your Razr M. I can help fix it!

JonathanK_VZW
VZWSupport
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
Stevie_boy_wonder
Enthusiast - Level 1

Since the KitKat upgrade, I am almost incapable of connecting to wi-fi, even established networks that I have used since I received my RAZR M. At work I sit 8 feet from a hotspot, but my phone does not acknowledge the network.

0 Likes
easternma
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the same phone and the update has been great for me. The improvements in the power usage have greatly extended my battery life. Check your advanced settings area in the WiFi settings I think some of them are new.

I do wish there was a technical manual for the Android OS. I cannot understand how they expect you to know what has changed or how to use new features if they never explain them. I cannot even tell what apps are part of the change and what is Verizons. For example, the phone icon stopped working and it was days before I realized that there was a new app I had to bring to the home screen. Very disappointing and confusing.

0 Likes
tamnkev

Finally figured out how to get my Razr M wifi back on after a week without. I did a soft reset by holding down the down side of the volume key first and then pressing the off key at the same time, holding it until the screen went black. From there went to the wifi settings typed in the router password and all is good. Hopefully this helps you if you are still having issues.

0 Likes