Re: 2nd part of 6.0 update failed...
Richee
Enthusiast - Level 3

What am I doing wrong??

0 Likes
Jim_James
Enthusiast - Level 1

The dungareez solution works. You may need to be patient with the update software and unplug the USB and plug it back in when and only when told to do so by the software. Also, when the software is waiting for the reboot, the reboot may take a long time when it optimizes the applications on the device. The software may act like it is waiting too long, but wait until a full reboot finishes. Some phases may take between 15 and 30 minutes. It is normal to see the Android bootloader screen on the device in this process. Don't panic and don't touch the bootloader screen or you may cause a problem requiring extensive effort to repair. The software will manage everything. It works even though the device claims it is up-to-date. Verizon appears to have an OTA update issue with this update.

Richee
Enthusiast - Level 3

Nothing works on my end. I tried Windows 7 and 10, USB 2 & 3. It downloads the SUI but nothing ever shows in there to update. It never ask me to unplug or anything. It simply does absolutely nothing. I called Verizon and they said Android has pulled the update on the 11th. Mine is brand new phone too. Two days old. Idk what else to do I gave up 😞

0 Likes
Richee
Enthusiast - Level 3

Any other advice would be greatly appreciated

0 Likes
bsnyder8519
Enthusiast - Level 2

Richee, use your windows 7 PC. When connecting, make sure your USB feature on your phone is set to MTP. Verizon's website says to make sure your software installation switch is turned on inside of your USB connection settings. That is ONLY to download the software upgrade assistant. Turn it OFF and see if the SUA recognizes it. The same issue aggravated me yesterday until I did that. As soon as I turned off the installation switch, the SUA recognized my phone and installed 6.0. Let me know if this helped.

0 Likes
Richee
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'll try that. Does it matter if Verizon/Android pulled the update?

0 Likes
bsnyder8519
Enthusiast - Level 2

Shouldn't. Everyone was saying they pulled it before I tried. If they pulled the update it wouldn't be available through the SUA. There was just a glitch I think. The SUA will say update 23.31.24, but after, my phone is now in 24.14.11..  Something wasn't right to make the second part download correctly, but the SUA will start both parts and finish both parts. Once it starts do not touch your phone until it tells you to unplug your USB and reconnect it.

0 Likes
Richee
Enthusiast - Level 3

Now i got the 23.31.23 that's not marshmallow?

0 Likes
bsnyder8519
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes. That's the one you want. It shows that but that's because it installs BOTH PARTS. just run it.

0 Likes