Re: whats the difference between moto and htc/lg/samsung
B33
Legend

Well as Doc an other have said watch the Wording an you'll be fine.. if Not you know what it's like when you step on a Cat's Tail don't Ya!

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

this is why i prefer htc's

0 Likes
kasperman1
Enthusiast - Level 2

the milestone x is available in the us and has an unlocked bootloader

0 Likes
kasperman1
Enthusiast - Level 2

if you dont like what the open handset alliance stands for why do you carry android phones

0 Likes
kasperman1
Enthusiast - Level 2

moto phones on other networks can unlock the bootloaders. honestly i dont care if verizon says no insurance and warranty void ect. just give us the choice. if i go buy a computer im not forced to stay with the operating system on said computer. i can change it.

0 Likes
kasperman1
Enthusiast - Level 2

he was not asking IF the bootloader was locked he wants to know why just like i do. honestly verizon violats fcc regulations by locking bootloaders and so does motorola

bigtitan
Contributor - Level 2

VZW has stated that unlocked bootloaders pose a potential detriment to the overall "customer service experience."  Furthermore, that phones with unlockable bootloaders could have an adverse impact on the VZW network due to "unapproved software."  .

To quote VZW "It is always a delicate balance for any company to manage the technology choices WE MAKE for our branded devices and the requests of a few who may want a different device experience."

Moto makes a choice to lock them, but, this is done with the full support of VZW.

0 Likes
kasperman1
Enthusiast - Level 2

i do not doubt that moto is in on this but the fcc regulations state

(b)(1) Insofar as such use [open access] would not be compliant with published technical standards reasonably necessary for the management or protection of the licensee’s network. 47 CFR §27.16

(c)(1) Standards shall include technical requirements reasonably necessary for third parties to access a licensee’s network via devices or applications without causing objectionable interference to other spectrum users or jeopardizing network security. 47 CFR §27.16

(c)(1)... The potential for excessive bandwidth demand alone shall not constitute grounds for denying, limiting or restricting access to the network. 47 CFR §27.16

Open applications: Consumers should be able to download and utilize any software applications, content, or services they desire;

Open devices: Consumers should be able to utilize a handheld communications device with whatever wireless network they prefer;

0 Likes
kasperman1
Enthusiast - Level 2

simply talking about a locked bootloader does not constitute hacking/ and has nothing to do with allowing root access

0 Likes
bigtitan
Contributor - Level 2

yes, and VZW has argued that a device that has the ability to load unapproved and untested software is a threat to network security, protection and that use of such software could adversely impact other network users.

I

0 Likes