what did the update bring to my droid?
MANNY921
I got the update yesterday night but I still don't know what's different about it I still have 3 screens and the browser seems to be the same speed so can anyone tell what did the update change on my phone
0 Likes
Re: what did the update bring to my droid?
logicman
Contributor - Level 3

Dude - you asked that same question (which I answered) in your other post I FINALLY GOT IT BUT NEED HELP!!!! 

0 Likes
MANNY921
No need for attitude buddy I just wanted know? And thanks for you're help but it still doesn't say anything about how many home screens its supposed to come with I had read 5but I only have 3 still.
0 Likes
logicman
Contributor - Level 3

It doesn't say anything because there is no change to the number of home screens.

0 Likes
OpsMan

The upgrade from 2.0 to 2.1 is a minor revision upgrade. Most users will not notice many of the enhancements besides the obvious LiveWallpapers. New language support, emulator skins(developers), some UI stuff such as fading scroll bars when not scrolling, and other developer related enhancements will not be noticed by most end users.

The developer may not even use some of these enhancements in which case you would see no noticeable changes. Such as the upgraded signal level methods. Sometimes upgrades to software are more noticeable relative to what your upgrading from. Hence minor revision 2.0/2.1 and major revision 1.6/2.0.

EDIT: rooted phones and those with HTC sense UI have more than 3 homescreens.

0 Likes
logicman
Contributor - Level 3

No need to root to get more home screens. There are a number of replacements available in the market. I happen to like HelixLauncher.

0 Likes