want to confirm something about switching upgrade
iamloco724
Contributor - Level 1

my dad qualifys for an upgrade on our plan hes letting me have it so im going to order online the droid under his number then when it comes in activate under his then switch it over to my line.

thats how everyone says to do it but one person told me theres a possiblity that since my number isnt the one qualified that somewhere in 30 days verizon might charge me the full retail price is that true???

0 Likes
Re: want to confirm something about switching upgrade
fezzik
Contributor - Level 3

they shouldn't.  My parents and sister and Niece and all them do that stuff all the time.  Dad likes his really old phones so he uses his upgrade to get everyone else phones early and cheap.  LOL.  The problem you may run into is the data plan thing.  It requires a data plan so you may end up with data on both lines which would have to be canceled at some point. 

0 Likes
iamloco724
Contributor - Level 1

yeah the data thing i will cancell right away once i make the switch so its only on my line..someone told me its prorated so if i cancel his data the day i get the phone it should only cost a dollar

0 Likes
fezzik
Contributor - Level 3

Ah that is interesting.  Yeah you should be fine as long as a qualified line orders it. I am sure they don't like it but nothing keeps you from going back to your old phone or giving your phone to someone else if you don't like the one you have.  Like I say some members of my family do it all the time.

0 Likes