video playback, help............
rocknm
Enthusiast - Level 3

What are the supported files for video play back.  I installed a short vid I took with my digital camera, its an AVI file and my phone says it cannot be played.  Why and do I have to convert it to another format and if so, what format and how?  

Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: video playback, help............
caljr13

Convert to MPEG4

0 Likes
rocknm
Enthusiast - Level 3

whats the best, easiest way to do that.  I have a lot of short vids Id like on my phone

0 Likes
caljr13

search google for MPEG 4 converters. they have alot out there see which one you want to use plenty of free ones

0 Likes
jmccoy70
Contributor - Level 2

Is there an App in the Market that will do the conversion on the DX?

0 Likes
caljr13

thats im not sure about and seeing my phone wont turn on right now i cant even take a look. just do a search on the app market for converters. i have always used my computer it tends to take time to convert videos so your best bet is to do it on the pc then transfer them to sd card

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

try this:   http://www.leawo.com/

they have a variety of "free" convertor apps

0 Likes
rocknm
Enthusiast - Level 3

ok, i down loaded a program on my pc called tools4movies.  converted a vid to mp4, and it still says video cant be played.  Im getting frustrated.  any more ideas.  thank ya'll.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

rocknm wrote:

ok, i down loaded a program on my pc called tools4movies.  converted a vid to mp4, and it still says video cant be played.  Im getting frustrated.  any more ideas.  thank ya'll.

Is the app called DVD Catalyst 3 from Tool4Movies http://www.tools4movies.com/ ? If so then all you have to do is select Motorola Droid from the list of devices and it will convert it optimized for your device, I use this for all my videos and it is the best converter out there.

10-29-2010 9-14-32 AM.png

0 Likes