video format /player?
Elad13
Enthusiast - Level 3

How can I play  my .avi files on this phone anyone know? DO I need a player? Do i need a converter and if so into what format....going way back to my HTC 5600 there was a converter that resized it and everything....anyone know???

Thanks in advance

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: video format /player?
willanaya
Contributor - Level 3

Elad13 wrote:

How can I play  my .avi files on this phone anyone know? DO I need a player? Do i need a converter and if so into what format....going way back to my HTC 5600 there was a converter that resized it and everything....anyone know???

Thanks in advance

try DVD Catalyst 3. they have a free version or a paid version for 10 bucks.  by choosing your phone, the program will list the best possible configuration to convert movies to your phone.

plus the developer of the program responds immediately.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
willanaya
Contributor - Level 3

Elad13 wrote:

Thanks in advance

try DVD Catalyst 3. they have a free version or a paid version for 10 bucks.  by choosing your phone, the program will list the best possible configuration to convert movies to your phone.

plus the developer of the program responds immediately.

0 Likes
Elad13
Enthusiast - Level 3

OK Will try that one....but I just convert and then just move to my Sc card and then it will play? the Incredible has a video player already inside it? Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
y0diggity
Contributor - Level 2

yep. You can just drag and drop them onto the phone. Depending on exactly what codec is required to decode your videos currently, there may not be a need to convert them further. Might be worth it to just drop onto the phone and see if they'll play.

*edit* Yes, the Incredible has a built in player.

0 Likes
Elad13
Enthusiast - Level 3

I picked up Cinema from the market place and that played the mp4 file perfectly......but I feel like such an newb..I for that life of me can not figure out how to play it via any thing on the phone itself outside of the DL app Cinema....perhaps you can tell me how the media player on the phone is accessed?

0 Likes
y0diggity
Contributor - Level 2

Oddly enough, you actually have to use the "pictures" app on the phone. In there you will see your videos.

0 Likes
Elad13
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yep that is it thank you! !! I was so lost on that one!! LOL

0 Likes