verizon wireless title.?
woodyman
So while watching the dr. Who boot animation I noticed the verizon wirless name on the lock screen.. and that doesn't appear on mine, I'm not sure whether or not this was a hack, just curious.. anyone know anythiing about this.. and yes I have service and I never have any issues, I've also seen the verizon wireless name in the notification bar too, which I also don't have on my phone.. I bought my phone in the store so I don't know y it isn't there.. when I go into settings and select about phone then select status and scroll down it says network unknown.. but like I said no service issues ever and I always get 3g coverage.. anyone know anything..? 
0 Likes
Re: verizon wireless title.?
Not applicable

MIne says Verizon Wireless in all those places.

0 Likes
ksxox10
Contributor - Level 2

Mine also says Verizon.

0 Likes
woodyman

i'm guessing noone knows anything about this or how to fix it.?

0 Likes
PPC_Dude
Contributor - Level 2

woodyman wrote:

i'm guessing noone knows anything about this or how to fix it.?

Have you tried a *228, option 1 and / or option 2?  Were you a former Alltel customer?  I've heard that former Alltel customers recently moved to VzW have had similar issues.  I think that the accounts didn't get transferred properly or a problem with keeping an old Alltel calling plan, something like that, not sure?

0 Likes
logicman
Contributor - Level 3

From the home screen if you touch Menu->Settings->About phone->Status what does it say for Network?

0 Likes
woodyman

Tried the *228 and yes i was formerly an alltel costomer.. and under settings it says my network is unknown..

0 Likes
PPC_Dude
Contributor - Level 2

woodyman wrote:

Tried the *228 and yes i was formerly an alltel costomer.. and under settings it says my network is unknown..

If it's really an issue for you then you should probably just take the phone back to the store and ask them to verify your account. If you get a knowledgeable tech, they can probably fix the problem. My bet is your on a grandfathered Alltel plan. You may have to upgrade to a VzW plan

0 Likes