using ringtones for notification tones
Stickyfii

I was able to upload a ringtone I already owned from my computer to my Droid. I was able to save it as a phone ringtone - in music list your songs, hold down the tone and it should give you a menu choice to save as a ringtone. But I want to use that tone as a notification tone for my incoming messages. Does anyone know how to make that happen?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: using ringtones for notification tones
ICANSEEYOU7687
Enthusiast - Level 3

connect your phone to your computer and make and mount the SD card from your device.

open the phones folder and in the main display create a folder called "notifications"

put ur mp3's in here.  Now unmount ur sd card, and go into your settings -> sounds -> and notification sounds, and it should be in the list now.  Just tested on my droid.  works fine.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
ICANSEEYOU7687
Enthusiast - Level 3

connect your phone to your computer and make and mount the SD card from your device.

open the phones folder and in the main display create a folder called "notifications"

put ur mp3's in here.  Now unmount ur sd card, and go into your settings -> sounds -> and notification sounds, and it should be in the list now.  Just tested on my droid.  works fine.

0 Likes
Stickyfii

Thanks so much. I had to reboot the Droid to get the tones to show on the menu. I also had the RingsExtended app on there, but it kept asking for a force close. I had to uninstall it.

Thanks again!

0 Likes
Ghees_Mail

Can you tell me how you did the ringtone? I tried to send it to me as a pic message and I was able to listen to it but no options to save it. Thanks.

0 Likes
Stickyfii

I already had some ringtones on my laptop, so I just needed to transfer them.

0 Likes