updated to 2.2... flash player not in the Market
meozzyone

Just updated to 2.2 Froyo.

went to Market to download and install Flash player.

Not being listed in Market!

whats going on???

Anyone else with this problem?

Verizon... help!!!

0 Likes
Re: updated to 2.2... flash player not in the Market
mthorn31

Had the same problem, DLed the Adobe Flash Showcase from the appstore, upon clicking on it, took me to the Adobe flash site to DL 10.1 & kept leading to the pick your operating system page.  After trying all day I tried a day or so later & got lucky, saw the DL up at the top & viola!

So I guess the moral of the story would be to keep trying!

0 Likes
meozzyone

From droidforums.net. some actual useful info:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-general-discussions/66214-official-frg01b-froyo-issues-soluti...

1) Flash is NOT included..it is in the Market, but currently invisible to Droid FroYo...Google should fix this issue soon.
2) Some Launchers (eg. Helix) may force-close (FC), so we await their dev's to make a compatible update. LauncherPro was my resolution on Nexus, haven't revisited Helix since.
3) Swype beta may not work/FC too, so delete JUST THE BETA, NOT THE INSTALLER, and re-download Swype beta...users report success on the re-install. (Must enable 'unknown sources in Settings).
4) Flash .apk can be downloaded from alternate sources, like http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HO8UZSDW , please report back your results in this thread.
5) Reports are that the initial boot time is LONG....be patient, FroYo won't melt!

{edit for TOS violation}

7) Market issues are unfortunately standard procedure..if an app cannot be found on the Market, try clearing Market cache in Applications, or contact the app dev, and they will hopefully (quickly) update their apps.

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

yeah, some of the apps don't show up in Froyo yet.  The current custom roms are tricking the market by making it look like 2.1 in order for Flash and protected apps to show up (documents to go, etc).  I'm guessing they'll get it straight once 2.2 is rolled out across all of the devices so don't panic if something doesn't show up in the market.

0 Likes
Audop51

"4) Flash .apk can be downloaded from alternate sources, like http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HO8UZSDW , please report back your results in this thread."

It appears this site is not recognizing 2.2 yet either.  I get an error message that says it cannot download because the content is not supported on this phone

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

Download the Flash.apk to your pc and then move it to your sd card.  Then use an app like Astro File Manager to install it. Just navigate to where you have the apk stored, select it and hit Open App Manager and choose install. Make sure Unknown Sources is checked under Settings-Applications prior to trying to install it.

0 Likes
Tonyo

I followed your instructions and Flash did load but I can not get it to work.

Any suggestions?

0 Likes