update with twitter
nattiec21

So of course like everyone else i got the 2.2 update for my Droid. One thing that was installed was Twitter. I hate twitter its **bleep** and naturally tried to uninstall it but of course it wont let me. Seriously?! If i want an app installed on my phone then let me do it myself! its little things like this that are slowly pushing me out of the Verizon network, not to mention the not so great customer service!

0 Likes
Re: update with twitter
Ambreezy
Contributor - Level 3

I understand your frustration regarding the application that is on your device. With applications that are pre loaded on the device they are not able to be uninstalled.

0 Likes
genericbrandx

It was not "preinstalled", it was "postinstalled". I understand that these apps might subsidize the cost of the phone BUT I should be able to uninstall them, especially those that have a cost to use. 

0 Likes
dmad1rulz

Eh? It costs you to have/use Twitter on your phone? Really? That's news to me...

While I do agree that not being able to uninstall said apps because you don't use/like them is a bummer, does it really matter? I doubt it's a space issue since you can move certain apps into the SD card, so there has to be another underlying reason.

0 Likes
Cobjones
Contributor - Level 1
I think generic meant verizon visual voicemail... they didn't specify which apps cost
0 Likes
Bartmanz

I agree not being able to uninstall twitter is **bleep**....I realize that it doesn't really matter if I don't want to use it then I can ignore it. But the daily update found for twitter is annoying and frankly wouldn't have to deal with if I could uninstall.

0 Likes
RonAnderson
It ruins the whole install all at once for me. Still stuck one by one
0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

You have to thank Google for this one.  Since 2.2 Google HAS installed FB and Twitter from base rom.  I know this is FACT due to me owning a Nexus One which has the purest Android OS you can get.

0 Likes
RonAnderson
It was vzw that put it there. Wasn't Google they do the os. Which is open source software leaving it open to sell out, the American way
0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

You are so mistaken.  Nexus One is a Google phone and it has Twitter installed and you can't uninstall it.  If you download the AOSP it will have twitter with it.   Manufacturers have a different agreement with Google, and certain apps they can't remove.  Twitter, and Facebook being one of them.

RonAnderson wrote:
It was vzw that put it there. Wasn't Google they do the os. Which is open source software leaving it open to sell out, the American way

You have no idea what open source is.  Android is NOT 100% open source like you are lead to believe.  There's a HUGE difference between ASL and GPLv2/3.

0 Likes