Re: trying to upgrade to droid? HELP!
iamloco724
Contributor - Level 1

no you dont have to change your plan first when you see the phone you add to card then the next screen is where you add data

0 Likes
iamloco724
Contributor - Level 1

and yes the site has been updated but the site is overloaded so there are problems for quite a bit of people..i was able to upgrade after 20 min of waiting

0 Likes
csmcdem

please fix. i've been waiting since 12... very annoying.

0 Likes
Starlord1138

Goodtimesmatty wrote:

Does anyone know if what the above post said is true? do you need to upgrade to a data plan in order for the phone to be available?

I highly doubt that.  I've upgraded online to a new phone several times before and switched plans and didn't need to have a data plan first.  They allow you to change your plan right after selecting the phone, so that doesn't make any sense.

I cleared my cache AND cookies, restarted my browser, and it's still not showing up, so I'm hoping what the other poster said is correct and that it just hasn't been added to the upgrade page yet, but will shortly.

0 Likes
cem95z
Contributor - Level 1

I am very disappointed. I waited for the countdown clock to hit Zero seconds left. I was expecting fireworks or something... and NOTHING. What's the deal with that?

0 Likes
xodusforever

Ok, iamloco - simple then - show a screenshot of your completed order, just mark out your personal info.

Stop trolling people here. It hasnt been update for upgraders.

0 Likes
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

Right. You order the phone and then get the data plan. You can't add the data plan before getting the phone. You can't have any pudding if you don't eat your meat!!!

Seriously people. Chill out. If you order it today you're not getting it until Monday. Getting it in a store DOES NOT forfeit your NE2 credit. It's the SAME PRICE!

Rabble rabble rabble!!!!!

You make it seem like this is the last phone on earth and if you don't order it now you'll never have a cell phone again. You people are hilarious.

0 Likes
bamaredwingsfan

I finally got the droid in the cart, and it took me to the change my plan screen.  but here is the problem, i am on a family plan, and its looking like its trying to split my plan.  im sharing 700 mins on my current plan.  so if i change plans then what happens to the 2nd line?

0 Likes
flafire
Enthusiast - Level 1

They do this every time something new and great gets released. Probably so they can get that extra 50 to 100 bucks from the new subscribers. This happened when i up graded my wife's phone to the rogue it took a whole day for it to finally come up.

0 Likes
Starlord1138

nmchileman wrote:

Right. You order the phone and then get the data plan. You can't add the data plan before getting the phone. You can't have any pudding if you don't eat your meat!!!

Seriously people. Chill out. If you order it today you're not getting it until Monday. Getting it in a store DOES NOT forfeit your NE2 credit. It's the SAME PRICE!

Rabble rabble rabble!!!!!

You make it seem like this is the last phone on earth and if you don't order it now you'll never have a cell phone again. You people are hilarious.

Yes but ordering it online gives you an INSTANT DISCOUNT rather than dealing with the mail-in rebate nonsense at the Verizon stores.  I understand you're asking people to calm down but seriously, try to understand why some people want to order it ONLINE and ONLY online.

0 Likes