Re: trying to upgrade to droid? HELP!
xodusforever

Nahh.. I just cleared my cache, still no go... Several people at my job, same thing. We have all been trying since 12am... bullcrap... I cannot believe this.

0 Likes
iamloco724
Contributor - Level 1

strange..what about cookies..that is different then cache has that been cleared..i didnt have to clear anything it eventully showed up for me like 15 min after 12..but make sure you do cookies as well

0 Likes
Goodtimesmatty

It almost seems like they are leaving the phone available for new customers to try and attract as many new customers as they can.  By the time they release it to existing customers it will be out of stock.  I may just go into a location tomorrow and deal with the mail in rebate!!!!!!!

0 Likes
Starlord1138

This is ridiculous.  I cleared my cache and clicked on the "Upgrade" link again but now it's just sitting there and won't load the next page! 

If I get screwed out of securing a Droid tonight because of Verizon's inept website, I'm going to be **bleep** off!

0 Likes
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

cem95z wrote:

I think the Verizon website is overloaded at the moment. Is there a map for that???

Seriously.

There must be thousands of people trying to upgrade on the website right now. Go to sleep people, order in the morning and stop wasting your time. There will be plenty of stock. It's not like it's going to ship out at 4 in the morning and get there any sooner. If you don't pick saturday shipping you won't get it until Monday anyway.

Everyone is making matters worse by hitting refresh every 5 seconds or trying to log in constantly.

VZW is not going to screw anyone over and now allow people to upgrade. That's ridiculous. Gah.

0 Likes
bamaredwingsfan

Im trying to upgrade my main phone on my family plan, but i can't seem to get the droid to show up either.  But im also not going to go to our local VZ store either and forfit my NE2 $50 either!    I starting to think that because i don't have a data plan, thats the reason its not showing up in my selection of upgrade phones.  Im also afraid to get a data plan without know forsure that is why i can't see the phone.  I know i will have to get a data plan when i get this phone, but they make the upgrade online option way more complicated than it should be.

0 Likes
xodusforever

Wow... this really sucks. All that waiting and crap:smileysad:, for nothing.

0 Likes
iamloco724
Contributor - Level 1

for the people actually seeing the phone and adding it to cart just have patience the pages eventully load

0 Likes
xodusforever

^^^^ troll... its not available to current customers. That section of the site hasn't been updated yet.

0 Likes
Goodtimesmatty

Does anyone know if what the above post said is true? do you need to upgrade to a data plan in order for the phone to be available?

0 Likes