thinking about a Droid...data plans and international calls
billdaul

1.  Are there general suggestions on what data plans one should have?

2.  On my old phone when I traveled outside the US...like Australia...I could buy a pre-paid sim card.  If I have a Moto Droid can I do the same thing?   A pre-paid in-country plan is cheaper than paying a Verizon global plan right?

Thanks,  --bill

0 Likes
Re: thinking about a Droid...data plans and international calls
blamiya1
Contributor - Level 3

1. The Droid will only be able to get the Unlimited Email and Web data package which gives you unlimited access to the Internet and your personal email accounts. You can check and send personal emails when you’re out and about, Access up to 10 POP3 and IMAP email accounts, and enjoy unlimited Internet access or you can the Unlimited Corporate Email & Web data package which gives you unlimited access to the Internet and your corporate and personal email accounts. You can get access to corporate email using Wireless Sync, Exchange Active Sync, IBM Lotus Notes Traveler or Good Mobile Messaging, check and send personal emails when you’re out and about, and enjoy unlimited Internet access.

2. With the Motorola droid, it does not use a SIM card therefore it does not have a SIM card slot for you to put in a pre paid SIM card to use for global use.

0 Likes