sync Outlook contacts and calendar with the Motorola Droid
CharlieBrownSr

How do I sync Outlook contacts and calendar with the Motorola Droid

0 Likes
Re: sync Outlook contacts and calendar with the Motorola Droid
sHaY_j
Contributor - Level 3

Download Google Calendar Sync Install & Run the program Enter your Gmail account information Select 2-way sync & set sync intervals Save The sync will begin When sync is complete - check that your calendar events are now in your Gmail account (top right, click Calendar) On your Droid - go to Settings Accounts & Sync Settings Select your Gmail account Make sure the check box for 'Sync Calendar' is checked To update everything - Menu > Sync now and try this link to transfer contacts http://tinyurl.com/outlooksync

0 Likes
Dangerous_Dave
Contributor - Level 2

sHaY_j wrote:

Download Google Calendar Sync Install & Run the program Enter your Gmail account information Select 2-way sync & set sync intervals Save The sync will begin When sync is complete - check that your calendar events are now in your Gmail account (top right, click Calendar) On your Droid - go to Settings Accounts & Sync Settings Select your Gmail account Make sure the check box for 'Sync Calendar' is checked To update everything - Menu > Sync now and try this link to transfer contacts http://tinyurl.com/outlooksync

Wow. On the Eris you just download HTC sync to your PC and then it's plug and play with your Outlook. Still lovin' this phone.
0 Likes
CharlieBrownSr

Thank you Shayonte.  Do I download the it from the Android Market?

0 Likes
sHaY_j
Contributor - Level 3

Yes sir:smileywink:

0 Likes
truelove79
Enthusiast - Level 3

@Dangerous_Dave

Actually it's easier just to use Google Calendar Sync.  You don't have to connect in the phone.

Personally I use Thunderbird with IMAP, the Lighting Calendar add-on, the Google Calendar add-on, and the Google Contacts add-on.  That way my e-mail, calendar, and contacts all stay synced in real time on my phone, in google apps, and at home all without even thinking about it.  And no need to ever plug in the phone.

The problem I had with Outlook is there's no good way to sync contacts with Google and it's IMAP support is subpar.  Thunderbird's IMAP support is great, and (with addons) you can sync with calendar and contacts in real time, and no need to connect the phone.

0 Likes
Dangerous_Dave
Contributor - Level 2
But in my case, I don't use gmail, and I've always got a mini USB cable hanging out of my pc. I use it for my Garmin, my digital camera, my BT headset, and now my Eris. It's where I charge the phone every night, so the cable's not a big deal to me, and I'm not really looking to change mail servers.
0 Likes
truelove79
Enthusiast - Level 3

Unless you just really don't like Google or don't trust them (I can understand that), gmail is really good.  I use Gmail, Google Calendar, and Google Contacts.  It certainly makes using an Android phone easier and more seemless.  I'm a Google junky.  It's only a matter of time until they steal my identity and replace me with a Google Cyborg.

0 Likes
Dangerous_Dave
Contributor - Level 2

truelove79 wrote:

Unless you just really don't like Google or don't trust them (I can understand that), gmail is really good.  I use Gmail, Google Calendar, and Google Contacts.  It certainly makes using an Android phone easier and more seemless.  I'm a Google junky.  It's only a matter of time until they steal my identity and replace me with a Google Cyborg.

Lol! That would make you a borg with a Droid. I don't have anything against gmail, but I've had the same e-mail address for over 15 years. And yeah, I know I can have gmail automatically forward it for me. But like I said, synching with Outlook is really a non-issue for me. My current setup is working fine for me. Thanks for the suggestion anyway.
0 Likes