speed dial
drsuess

after new software my speed dial only goes from 2 to 9

0 Likes
Re: speed dial
Wildman
Legend

This is normal because the #1 is usually set to dial voicemail, I know that my Motorola has a option under the dialers settings that allows this option to be changed to another number but I dont know if this is the same for your device, try opening dialer and select the menu button and option or settings and look for this option.

0 Likes
WTTTT
Enthusiast - Level 2

Mine was like that before.  #1 was reserved for the default Verizon voicemail and I could never get rid of or edit it.  So I made #4 my voicemail.  The reason is that I use pauses in it before my VM password.  Because Verizon in all their wisdom made #1 un-editable, I had to leave it and never use it and make #4 voicemail.  I guess it is the same in GB. 

Now I just have to remember what the input symbol was for a pause! Can anyone tell me?

0 Likes
Red98
Enthusiast - Level 3

============================================================================================

Mine was like that before. #1 was reserved for the default Verizon voicemail and I could never get rid of or edit it. So I made #4 my voicemail. The reason is that I use pauses in it before my VM password. Because Verizon in all their wisdom made #1 un-editable, I had to leave it and never use it and make #4 voicemail. I guess it is the same in GB. Now I just have to remember what the input symbol was for a pause! Can anyone tell me?

============================================================================================

While I'm not sure about editing the voicemail number, you can edit the access and add your password. If you go into the system settings, call settings, voicemail, there is an entry for voicemail number. Mine happens to say*86 which I believe is a shortcut to Verizon's voicemail. If you click on voicemail number. It will open up a dialogue box. Here you can enter whatever characters you wish. A comma "," will give you a 2 second pause. So I entered *86, and my password. save that and now when you two. A long press: number one of your dial pad. It will take you directly into your voicemail, including your password. I hope this helps

0 Likes
WTTTT
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you Red!  I am not sure if it was this way in Froyo or if I was trying to edit it differently.  I also see what seems to be a slightly different menu in the speed dial settings within the phone app.  Now it looks like you can make this chage thee too.  In any case it worked as you described now.  I just added two commas and my password through the phone settings and now I don't have to use #4 any longer!

0 Likes