software update for the droid x 2.2 version
klerch8203

when is the up date for the driod x or when is flash player going to be supported for this device

thank you

0 Likes
Re: software update for the droid x 2.2 version
admsteck

Late Summer  :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

The Motorola Droid X site says "early September" ...  

0 Likes
Jonnyboy

I've been reading that August 24 is the date for 2.2 Android software update. I haven't got it yet, but other people have within the last 24 hours.

0 Likes
GeekGuy

Jonnyboy wrote:

I've been reading that August 24 is the date for 2.2 Android software update. I haven't got it yet, but other people have within the last 24 hours.

There has been no official release for the Droid X as of yet.   The 2.2 update is not due until sometime in September. 

When the Droid X was announced on June 23 it was stated that the 2,2 update would be pushed out in late summer.   Motorola is still planning this, as per the information on their website.

There are too many rumors being floated around....but everyone needs to remember that the official updates will be pushed out by Verizon once Motorola has made it available.  Really not sure what Jonnyboy has seen, but I can tell you it is NOT the official update. People spreading rumors do not help anyone.

I suggest that if someone wants to know information that they go to the original or official source to get it...otherwise you may be getting your hopes up only to be disappointed.

0 Likes
mjtimko

I think the real question is why should we be forced to wait?

If Android 2.2 is good enough for Droid 1 and Droid 2, then why is Droid X left out in the cold with a vague date of "late summer".

When I bought my DX I was told this smart phone was to be the "Flag Ship" of the Android fleet... so to speak.  Personally, I feel like all us DX users are sitting in the inflatable dingy behind the cruise ship.

Come on Big Red.  Prove you are the phone company worth the big bucks ($213 to be exact) I pay you every month.

Give DX Android 2.2 now, not next week, and certainly not the vague term of "late summer".

Michael

0 Likes
GeekGuy

mjtimko wrote:

I think the real question is why should we be forced to wait?

If Android 2.2 is good enough for Droid 1 and Droid 2, then why is Droid X left out in the cold with a vague date of "late summer".

When I bought my DX I was told this smart phone was to be the "Flag Ship" of the Android fleet... so to speak.  Personally, I feel like all us DX users are sitting in the inflatable dingy behind the cruise ship.

Come on Big Red.  Prove you are the phone company worth the big bucks ($213 to be exact) I pay you every month.

Give DX Android 2.2 now, not next week, and certainly not the vague term of "late summer".

Michael

I really don't think anyone is being "forced" to wait.  You have free choice to buy whatever phone you want.  If the Droid X does not meet your needs, perhaps you should choose another.

I will reiterate what I have stated before....we were told that we would get 2.2 in late summer.  This was told to us at the very beginning when the announcment was made about the Droid X on June 23.

You mention the Droid and Droid 2.  Those phones are completely different from each other as they are completely different than the Droid X.  The Droid X was built with 2.1.   The Droid 2 was built with 2.2.  The Droid plan for update to 2.2 was in the pipe before Droid X came along.

I am completely confident that Verizon Wireless and Motorola are keeping their word on when we are going to get the update.

Have patience...stop trying to rush them to do something.  I would rather it be out later and working properly thatn to have it out sooner with bugs.

0 Likes
mjtimko

Prior to getting my Droid X on Launch Day, I suffered through three Blackberry Storms.

Every time I reported a problem any of the handsets from memory leaks to random restarts, they would tell me it must be something I was doing. 

So please forgive me when I don't have the same affection for Big Red.

I stayed with Verizon because when I compared the DX to the Iphone, I made the determination that the DX was the better handset even without Android 2.2.

All I am saying is why are we waiting.  I would like a straight answer from Verizon.  I also don't believe for one second that the Droid 2 is any less of a phone than the DX.  The Droid 2 is a DX from a slide out keyboard.  It has the same processor, same amount of ram, same storage capacity, etc.

For all you keep score out there, this is late summer.  Summer begins in July and ends in September.  If they want the upgrade out in September then it might be more practical to say DX Android 2.2 will be out at the End of Summer.

0 Likes
GeekGuy

mjtimko wrote:

Prior to getting my Droid X on Launch Day, I suffered through three Blackberry Storms.

Every time I reported a problem any of the handsets from memory leaks to random restarts, they would tell me it must be something I was doing. 

So please forgive me when I don't have the same affection for Big Red.

I stayed with Verizon because when I compared the DX to the Iphone, I made the determination that the DX was the better handset even without Android 2.2.

All I am saying is why are we waiting.  I would like a straight answer from Verizon.  I also don't believe for one second that the Droid 2 is any less of a phone than the DX.  The Droid 2 is a DX from a slide out keyboard.  It has the same processor, same amount of ram, same storage capacity, etc.

For all you keep score out there, this is late summer.  Summer begins in July and ends in September.  If they want the upgrade out in September then it might be more practical to say DX Android 2.2 will be out at the End of Summer.

Mis-information is so sad.  The Droid, the Droid X and the Droid 2 are all DIFFERNET PHONES..  I do not see where anyone is saying that the Droid 2 is any less of a phone...only different.

Go look at these two pages from DroidLife of the two phones taken apart (Droid 2 was posted on 8/13; Droid X was posted on 6/25)....it is more than obvious that they are different.

Simply because 2 devices has the same processor and same tyope of RAM does NOT make them the same.   There are so many other differences :screens; keyboards, HDMI...etc.  Heck, even the batteries are different.

Here are the links.  Look at them, and then come back here and tell us all how they are the same phone.

http://www.droid-life.com/2010/08/13/droid-2-torn-apart-we-cover-our-eyes/

http://www.droid-life.com/2010/06/25/droid-x-gets-dissected/

We were give a straight answer from Verison when they gave us the information to begin with.  It has not changed, and they should not have to keep saying what was already said.  For your information, seeing as how you want to try and split hairs......Late summer includes the end of summer....it don't get too much later than that.

0 Likes
droidxtra

GEEKGUY- Respectfully, you must work for Verizon because you have done nothing but agree with their deceitfulness.

They said the update would be pushed out late summer. Well, here we are, late summer...no update, in fact, they are now saying end of September...

Now, lets go over a few things here...a big advertising claim was the fact that by the end of the summer the Droid X would have FLASH... also, lets get in to something else... DO YOU REALIZE WHEN THE DROID X RINGS, IT IS EXTREMELY DIFFICULT TO HEAR??? Well, i heard that was going to be addressed with this update, but that too could be mis information...

I dont mean disrespect, but your reading a post from a guy who paid $676 for a cell phone bill last month..i pay on time, they can deliver their promise on time...

0 Likes