silent and vibrate on froyo
clemsontigers13

I had to go to the actual Verizon store in order to learn how to put my phone on completely silent.  But now I can't use my side bar to skip from noise to vibrate to silent.  It either goes from noise to vibrate and no way to get to silent or from noise to silent with no vibrate option in between.  Is there really not an easier way other then going into my settings and changing my sound options to get between vibrate and silent?

0 Likes
Re: silent and vibrate on froyo
PJNC284
Master - Level 2
The silent slider on the lock screen is the easiest. Just slide it to the left and it'll switch your phone to silent. Dragging the slider again will re-enable vibrate/ring. The Vibrate setting under Sound in Settings should be set to Vibrate only when not in silent for this method to work.
0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3
On my phone, the power control widget has an option to include sound mode toggle, but my froyo might be different from your froyo (I don't have the moto droid)
0 Likes
Cobjones
Contributor - Level 1
Pjnc

When you slide it will NOT silent unless you have vibrate turned off in the menu.

There is no way (stock) to go from sound to vibrate to silent without going into the settings menu.
0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

ha, I hadn't even noticed until now that the volume rocker will go down to silent instead of vibrate if you have Vibrate set to Only when not in silent.  Quick profiles will get the job done though.

0 Likes
Cobjones
Contributor - Level 1
I know thay solution exists...it is just **bleep** to me... the only complaint about the software for me though.
0 Likes
Ambreezy
Contributor - Level 3

You can also:

From the home screen, touch the applications tab (located on the bottom of the screen).
Touch Settings.
Touch Sound & display.
Adjust settings as desired

Adjust incoming ringer volume as desired then touch OK

0 Likes
Cobjones
Contributor - Level 1
@ambreezy

Did you not read any of the above?
0 Likes