ringtones and text messages
glfgryhwk

Is it possible with the Droid Inc 2 to have a personal ringtone play when text messages are received and have the name of the person the message is from announced?  Is it also possible to have the caller's name announced on an incoming call? Can the vibrate option be turned off for incoming calls with the sound on?  Thank you.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: ringtones and text messages
AyaniB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi glfgryhwk,

I definitely understand you concern.  Firstly, you can select a ring tone for you incoming text messages as a whole but unfortunately you can not set a ring tone for each individual incoming text message.  Secondly, The phone is unable to read out the name of the incoming callers.  Lastly, to turn vibrate option off go to: Settings>Sounds>Remove the green check mark next to vibrate.  I hope this information is helpful. Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Thank you for being apart of our community forums,

View solution in original post

0 Likes
AyaniB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi glfgryhwk,

I definitely understand you concern.  Firstly, you can select a ring tone for you incoming text messages as a whole but unfortunately you can not set a ring tone for each individual incoming text message.  Secondly, The phone is unable to read out the name of the incoming callers.  Lastly, to turn vibrate option off go to: Settings>Sounds>Remove the green check mark next to vibrate.  I hope this information is helpful. Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Thank you for being apart of our community forums,

0 Likes
glfgryhwk

Thank you.

0 Likes