rings
kimricha

Nothing like getting a smart phone to make you feel dumb...LOL I want to know how to set my ringer to vibrate when I have a text. I have to keep my phone on silent when I am at work, but would like to have it vibrate when I have a new text message(or call for that matter). Seems like such a simple thing, but I can not figure it out....LOL HELP!!

0 Likes
Re: rings
ontheroad
Contributor - Level 1

I added an app called "SilentMode OnOff"    If you add it you can add the widget to one of your screens.  You can switch from vibrate, ring or silent with one touch.

You can use the volume bar on the upper right side to go from loud (top) to vibrate (bottom.)

You can also make changes through SETTINGS, then SOUND. You will see options for SILENT MODE and VIBRATE 

0 Likes
PureSteelHeart

kimricha wrote:

Nothing like getting a smart phone to make you feel dumb...LOL I want to know how to set my ringer to vibrate when I have a text. I have to keep my phone on silent when I am at work, but would like to have it vibrate when I have a new text message(or call for that matter). Seems like such a simple thing, but I can not figure it out....LOL HELP!!

to change to silent mode go to settings>sound>and check the silent mode box. be careful about alarms if you have any because they will still go off even in silent mode if you have it set that way. even if you dont have it set check just to be sure because sometimes while scrolling through things its easy to check a box you didnt mean to.

0 Likes
kSo9204
Contributor - Level 2

You are able to change your settings for sounds in several ways for your device. You can place the phone into Vibrate through the following steps:

• Settings
  • Sound 
  • Vibrate (Only in Silent Mode would be the best option, but will allow vibrate for calls, emails, etc.)

You can also make changes to the Notifications by following these steps:

• From your Homescreen, press Messaging
  • Press the Menubutton.
  • Press Settings
  • Scroll down and select Vibrate
  • Phone is now set to vibrate on incoming text message. 

Here is a link as well to additional information available on other alert options:

0 Likes