Re: reboot Loop
smartguy
Enthusiast - Level 3

Looks like something is  optimizing the internal memory or SW is doing upgrade in background , I tried leaving it for 1 night and  it never happened again.

For my friend it happened for 2 nights and then  we  both experienced it is behaving well. His memory was almost full and we noticed  phone was bit faster than it usually was with older ROM before update.

I would advise to be patient and let him do that once without removing battery  , you can  put him in Vibrator or  silent mode  by Volume keys and leave it overnight , I beleive that will  help you guys as well.  Its my second day without any issue over night or day. I love this device.

Good Luck!

wjt83082
Enthusiast - Level 1

My phone is doing the same thing right after the update and starts right at 2 am and lasts for 2 hours... have nor called Verizon yet I'm about to reformat my phone and just skip installing the update until they fix it... I have Black Tie protection from Best Buy, should I have BB deal with it or Verizon???

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Best Buy has some Good Customer Services But if you feel that since your Phone is a Branded Verizon Device give them a Call. Customer service No. 1-800-922-0204 Option 3 For Tech Services..

0 Likes
sugabutt
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks smartguy!  I let it do it's thing last night, and I happened to wake up at 4am. I looked at it and it was turned on, so I swiped it, and it started rebooting again. I let it be, went back to sleep, and this morning its working fine. I didn't have to reset it or anything.  I will see what it does tonight.  So hoping I don't have to reset it. 

0 Likes
Mattman4
Enthusiast - Level 1

I left my phone last night to do its thing, rebooting, i think it lasted about 3hrs, this morning it was on  like normal, and has been behaving ever since, the true test will be tonight, but it seems like it worked.

Thanks for your help!

0 Likes
smartguy
Enthusiast - Level 3

Let it finish your update and  mute your phone at night . It will finish its update over night nad you will get your  phone ready to use in morning without any issues.

Give a shot !

sugabutt
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm still having a problem with mine.  2am Saturday, it did the reboot loop for several hours, but I let it be, and when I got up it was fine.  I hoped that would be it.  But Sunday morning, it did the boot loop at 2am, but kept doing it until 7 or so when I got up.  I finally pulled the battery.  Then this morning the same thing - I let it loop until 7:40am when I had to use the phone.  The phone was getting hot anyways.

Any suggestions?

0 Likes
Melissareneejs

All I can tell you is you have been lucky it took this long for your phone to start this issue. Mine has been doing this since Feb. Mine started with the last firmware upgrade from Verizon, and from other post on different websites, that seems consistent. It will continue to get worse, and no one will have an option other get a new phone. My phone has gotten to the point it will start the rebooting loop at least 4 times a day, and ususally takes removing the battery and waiting 30 seconds for the 5th time before it will boot back to normal. If I open an app or try to use the net, it seems to overload it, and the cycle starts again. VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY frustrated, and I am not happy with the lack of response from Verizon.

0 Likes
MissLeah1991
Enthusiast - Level 1

What you are expierencing is normal with the most recent software. After the most recent update the Droid Incredible will also receive an additional Memory Optimization component to the MR5 update that will begin between 2am-5am (your local time). You must let this additional update complete or it will continue to happen each late night/early morning until it completes. I recommend putting your phone on charge and silent mode so that it doesnt wake you up because it will reboot serveral times.

0 Likes
sugabutt
Enthusiast - Level 2

MissLeah, But I have for 3 nights, left it alone and let it do its thing.  The first night it seemed ok, it started at 2am and stopped before 6am.  Then the next night it started at 2am and kept going until at least 7ish... and the screen kept saying No Service, then when I would just swipe to unlock the screen, it would reboot.  I finally had enough and pulled the battery.  Then last night it started at 2am and I let it run until 7:40am when I had to use it for work.  And the battery was burning hot.  How long are we supposed to let it run?

0 Likes