reboot Loop
Mattman4
Enthusiast - Level 1

My DINC gets stuck in a reboot loop where it reboots, loads everything (apps and widgets, etc), and after a minute it reboots again.

It Started when Verizon pushed that last update about 3 days ago (4.08.605.15 710RD).

Now every morning at exactly 2:00am is starts in a reboot loop. It wakes me up when it says "droid" and shoes the red eye animation.

I found out that if i remove the battery totally, and let it sit until morning (for me about 7:30am when i wake up) once I plug the battery back in, its fine for the whole day until 2am again.

I just need to get my phone to behave until i get my galaxy s3 - its pre-ordered 😃

I didn't want to root, but maybe that is the best option at this point...

Is there away to rollback the last update?

Is anyone else having this problem.

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: reboot Loop
smartguy
Enthusiast - Level 3

Looks like something is  optimizing the internal memory or SW is doing upgrade in background , I tried leaving it for 1 night and  it never happened again.

For my friend it happened for 2 nights and then  we  both experienced it is behaving well. His memory was almost full and we noticed  phone was bit faster than it usually was with older ROM before update.

I would advise to be patient and let him do that once without removing battery  , you can  put him in Vibrator or  silent mode  by Volume keys and leave it overnight , I beleive that will  help you guys as well.  Its my second day without any issue over night or day. I love this device.

Good Luck!

View solution in original post

sugabutt
Enthusiast - Level 2

YES!! It's happening to me too!  I got the update on Tuesday evening. That night, and last night, at 2am it starting the boot loop and the loud "DROID" sound woke me up.  I called Verizon this morning and they claim they haven't received any other complaints like this, and told me to put my phone in Safe Mode tonight to see if it happens again.  Very annoying!  I first thought it was my Backup Assistant triggering it, but that is set to backup in the afternoon, so I don't know what is so special about 2am.  Glad to see I'm not the only one. 

Please post if you find a solution to this.

Mattman4
Enthusiast - Level 1

I can't even boot into safe mode. I follow the instructions, and i get as far as when it says safe mode in the lower left corner of the slide down to unlock screen, then it immediately reboots. i can't unlock or leave it in safe mode.

0 Likes
kessah

I am having the same issue since 2am this morning.  I called support and they're sending me out a new phone which won't arrive until Monday.  I honestly don't understand why they don't have a fix for this as it seems it's happening to more than just me.  I kept asking what the problem might be and kept getting told that all they could do is replace the phone...so frustrating as it reboots every 2 minutes and I'm not getting any sleep in the meantime!

0 Likes
sugabutt
Enthusiast - Level 2

I tried 2 things last night: I stopped the Backup Assistant from running, and I stopped all of the other accounts/services from syncing.  It still rebooted at 1:50am.  Then I pulled the battery to stop it.  When I brought it back up, I put it in Safe Mode.  At 2am it still rebooted. 

Since it doesn't sound like Verizon is going to be much help, other than sending us another phone (which will probably do the same thing) or doing a master reset, maybe we all have something in common with our phones, and maybe we can figure out what the common demonator is in all of this.

I, myself, keep my Mobile Data turned off, and I use the Wi-Fi at my office and house.  I only turn on Mobile if I'm out somewhere and need to get on the net.  I also just downloaded the full version of Draw Something on Tuesday because it was on sale for .99.  I also recently installed Voxer.  That's all that I've done recently.  Anyone else?

0 Likes
sugabutt
Enthusiast - Level 2

Also, here are some of the numbers found under About Phone, for Software:

Software: 4.08.605.14 710RD

Android: 2.3.4

Baseband 2.15.10.12.20

Kernel 2.6.35.13-G22D3486

Build Number 4.08.605.15 CL389630

0 Likes
Mattman4
Enthusiast - Level 1

All my numbers are the same as yours are.

I always use my 3g, I almost never use WIFI when I'm at home.

I haven't installed any new apps since that update or even a few days before, and I turned off my back-up stuff and it still rebooted at 2am.

I have no idea what it could be. Maybe I'll try calling VZW again today.

0 Likes
ccfrogman

My wife's Incredible started doing this right after the update as well.  I have not called Verizon yet but it looks like I might have to.  I have a hard time believing it is hardware related when multiple phones start having the same problem right after a software update.  Not sure what the magic with 2:00 am is but it seems to start at around that time.

0 Likes
sugabutt
Enthusiast - Level 2

Try calling HTC support.  I did this morning, and while he said that he has not had other reports of this happening, he did genuinely sound like he was going to try to look into it.  If more of us call, the more they will realize it's a real issue.

0 Likes
kessah

I downloaded nothing but their "update" software which the Verizon customer service rep told me was "corrupted software" and that's why the phone needed to be replaced...nice update Verizon!

0 Likes