random "stuff"
New2Droid2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sometimes my Droid 2 opens apps. etc. without me touching the screen.  Right now one of the ESPN apps has taken over and the only way to stop it is to turn the phone off and when I turn it back on in a minute or so it takes off again. PLEASE PLEASE HELP!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: random "stuff"
New2Droid2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Went to Verizon store, they replaced the phone.  Had never seen anything like it.  My phone also tried to order a pizza and dial other contacts while they were checking it out in the store.  Problem solved.  Only complaint, I lost the screen protector and had to get new one.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Willyoman

Is it only the ESPN apps or is it any random app? 

0 Likes
New2Droid2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Before today, it was any random app.  Now it's just the ESPN ScoreCenter app.  I can't even try to uninstall it before it takes over.  I've pulled the battery and no change.

0 Likes
Willyoman

have you tried a factory reset? 

Perform a hard reset on your Verizon Motorola Droid 2 if you wish to wipe all the data from the device.

1. Turn the Droid 2 off. If it’s frozen and you cannot turn it off, pull and replace the battery.

2. Open the keyboard and press the X key while pressing and holding Power. The device will power on. Keep holding the buttons down until a yellow triangle appers.

3. Press the Search key on the keyboard (magnifying glass).

4. Use the Volume Up and Volume Down buttons on the side of the phone to select the Wipe data factory reset option. Use the Camera key to confirm it.

5. Tap wipe data/factory reset then tap OK.

6. Highlight reboot system now is highlighted then tap OK.

Important Note: All the data will be deleted from the Motorola DROID 2 as a result of this procedure, it will clear all pictures, phone numbers, text messages, emails, and 3rd party applications from your DROID 2. But this process does NOT delete data stored on the microSD card. It’s highly recommended to back up your DROID 2 before the hard reset!!

0 Likes
Willyoman

I have had to do the factory reset before and it fixed the phone for me. Just make sure you have your contacts saved and pictures etc..saved it will not delete anything on the SD card

0 Likes
Willyoman

Be careful what apps you download because some can really screw up your phone. i suggest downloading (Norton Mobile Security) its like antivirus for your phone and is free in the app market

0 Likes
New2Droid2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Went to Verizon store, they replaced the phone.  Had never seen anything like it.  My phone also tried to order a pizza and dial other contacts while they were checking it out in the store.  Problem solved.  Only complaint, I lost the screen protector and had to get new one.

0 Likes