Re: "Upgrade" 2.3.340 Issues
CoryB2679

When I called Tech Support back, they really didn't want to deal with me, so they sent me a "new" (refurbished) phone.  I took a bunch of Apps off, and the phone could make calls, and only had to be reset every couple hours, but I ended out switching out phones.

The last issue I had was that I could not end a call when I called tech support back.  I got the new phone working, and had the exact same issue with that.  Hopefully, your caller will hang up for you if you have this issue.

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

My Camera button fails to launch the Camera APP intermittently when pressed/held ...  sometimes requires me to reboot 2 to5 times to get it back.  This started right after the new OS update - flawless prior to that.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Robert_Holm wrote:

Ever since I updated my X, I have lost the Market.  The shortcut is still there, but the app is gone from the Applications.  Can't even check to see if any of my apps need updating because it is gone.  Anyone else have this problem?

Also, If I do a hard reset, will the Market be downloaded again to my phone or will I need to take it in to the store and have them reinstall the software?

Here is a post that should resolve your issue....  http://forum.androidcentral.com/motorola-droid-x/4​5268-i-made-oops.html#post439805

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

CoryB2679 wrote:

I did that too, the phone was still having issues though.

Updating a OS without a hard reset is a bad ideal because you have apps installed that hasnt been tested with update, the update usually modifies files to complete update that can cause a number of issues, I do not get why a hard reset isnt suggested on all OS updates.  Try a reset and do not restore settings because this will just place errors back on device.  Updating a app isnt as extreme as overriding a OS with fixes. 

I hard reset before any major update and havent had any issues so far.

Follow these settings during restore to avoid issues being restored automatically.

1. Uncheck "Back up my data" under Settings/Privacy

2. Click Factory Data Reset/Reset Phone

3. After reset is complete only Active Phone but do not input Google Email information

4. Once phone is at homepage go back into Settings/Privacy and make sure the Automatic Restore option is unchecked, even if grayed out, activate "Back up my data" and quickly disable "Automatic Restore"

5. After being sure that the Automatic Restore option is off it will be safe to log into Google and you can continue installing preferred apps and custom settings.

This process will stop all applications and settings from restoring automatically and restoring original issues that usually resolve a number of issues.

0 Likes