"Unsupported file type" error Msg on received email - DX2
JR39

I get an "Unsupported file type" message instead of the intended msg on some of my emails.  Just what does this mean and how do I fix it?

0 Likes
Re: "Unsupported file type" error Msg on received email - DX2
Cody21
Master - Level 2

Which email APP are you using?  Have you tried to CLEAR CACHE for the email APP?  

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

I saw this posted by Wildman in another thread and thought it might help you out.  Give it a shot.

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.hwkrbbt.downloadall&feature=search_result

0 Likes
AntonioC_VZW
Verizon Employee

JR39 wrote:

I get an "Unsupported file type" message instead of the intended msg on some of my emails.  Just what does this mean and how do I fix it?

Hi JR39,

The error message outlined in your post indicates that your email message includes a file that is not compatible with any of the applications included in your phone. You may look for a compatible third party application that will allow you to read/access the files in question.

Please note that Verizon Wireless does not recommend/support any 3rd party applications and if you encounter any issues with a 3rd party application you will need to contact the application's developer for assistance.

0 Likes