"Unfortunately, Messaging has stopped"
wendyinhb714

"Unfortunately, Messaging has stopped". I may kill my phone today.... This message started popping up last week. I was unable to complete a text before this would pop up. After looking through my messages, several were still "sending". I went to my local Verizon store and was told the only way to fix it would be to do a factory reset. After doing this 3x and not fixing the phone, a new one was ordered, thank you Verizon. Skip to today with new phone up and running, updated and all and the message is popping up again. Please help before I throw my new phone on the ground and start jumping up and down on it....

0 Likes
Re: "Unfortunately, Messaging has stopped"
Sawtooth

I am having same problem but only on certain peoples text messages... some work fine some will default immediately to error message "unfortunately, Messaging has stopped:"

0 Likes
Trishtalk

I'm having the same problem. It started a month ago.

0 Likes
reeltru
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same issue also.  Can we expect a fix for this, any time soon?

HB13

Mine started doing this a couple weeks ago and I finally figured out it was only messages with pictures from and to people that would give me the error. I went to Verizon today and they looked at me like I was crazy when though I had proof! The guy did the power button/volume button reset, which I've done several times, and it worked until about an hour ago!!! This is BS! Mine is happening on my Droid Maxx.

0 Likes
waterpup

I also received the dreaded "Unfortunately, messages has stopped".

An hour on the phone with Verizon, absolutely no help.

Drove down to Costco, two guys in the kiosk play with it for an hour. Resets, etc. They can't fix it. They offer to give me a new phone. All I need is my accessories. Run home to pick up my accessories. Return to Costco.

A new guy working in the kiosk. He says "No Problem, I can fix this". Pulls sim card, removes battery, replaces battery AND THEN does a full factory reset. Reinstalls sim card. Works fine ever since. Samsung S5. Hope that helps 

0 Likes