problems with my DX
gej1
Contributor - Level 1

Another GB problem why did clock quit keepins accurate time.Also sometimes when I get incoming call when I answer it music player starts playing the person calling can't hear it just me.Phone reboots itself at least 2 times a day.2 or 3 times a week I try to make call and all it does is beep and go back to home screen.Have to reboot phone to get to make call.that is my worst problem because if I had to call 911(Ihave a bad heart I never know when I am going to need help.Sometimes my wife has to leave me alone)Back to phone 

here are things I have tryed

soft reset

hard reset

cleared cache

wiped cache partition

formatted sd card

did factory reset

I didn't put all the apps back and removed all widgets except power widget and sense clock and I am removing it now.

I didn't have any of these problems till I installed GB? 

0 Likes
Re: problems with my DX
ajhallx

Join the Club Maybe they can let us go back to froyo  till they fix gb 

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Sorry to here that you are having so many issues, out of curiousity did you disable the auto restore option when you hard reset and also are you using any backup recovery apps?  If so do not restore the personal settings from backup because this will restore issue.

0 Likes
gej1
Contributor - Level 1

Hey Wildman thanks for replying to my post.I got on phone with verizon and talked to a tier 1 tech then Italked to tier 2 tech and they both said there is a problem with GB.I even talked to loyality dept. Tryed to talk him into sending me and my Wife a thunderbolt .He said there was a patch coming out anyday now.

Now to your question I did everything like one of your post I even formatted sd card.

wiped cache partition

turned off restore apps

Both of our phones have started rebooting at different times like the phone will be laying on table and it will reboot my wifes does it too.it does it at night too.

The tier 2 rep. at verizon said wait on software update and if that didn'twork he would work out something with me.

The reason I am complaining is Ihave had 2 bypass surgeries and also had 3 stents.So if I need to call 911 we need a phone that works when you place a call without powering it off and waiting for it to come back on.

he offered to send 2 refurb DX but from what I have read here and on motorola forum Its a GB AND DX problem.

thanks GARY

h

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

gej1 wrote:

Hey Wildman thanks for replying to my post.I got on phone with verizon and talked to a tier 1 tech then Italked to tier 2 tech and they both said there is a problem with GB.I even talked to loyality dept. Tryed to talk him into sending me and my Wife a thunderbolt .He said there was a patch coming out anyday now.

Now to your question I did everything like one of your post I even formatted sd card.

wiped cache partition

turned off restore apps

Both of our phones have started rebooting at different times like the phone will be laying on table and it will reboot my wifes does it too.it does it at night too.

The tier 2 rep. at verizon said wait on software update and if that didn'twork he would work out something with me.

The reason I am complaining is Ihave had 2 bypass surgeries and also had 3 stents.So if I need to call 911 we need a phone that works when you place a call without powering it off and waiting for it to come back on.

he offered to send 2 refurb DX but from what I have read here and on motorola forum Its a GB AND DX problem.

thanks GARY

It sounds like you have covered a pretty detailed troubleshooting process and I understand your situation, you have a valid concern, if the device is causing you issues and rebooting it can be a bit disturbing and with your situation I can see this being a important issue..  Hopefully the update corrects your issue but until then I hope the replacement works better for you.

Actually I have noticed occasional reboots of my device also but it hasnt been extreme enough to cause any serious issue for me and also like you I am concidering upgrading into a HTC Thunderbolt when my upgrade date comes up on the 07-15..  I do acknowledge a number of reports of issues with the TB also but I am one to test for myself because some cases isnt really device related.

I hope they will be able to find a solution for the issue you reported because the Droid X is a nice device but GB appeared to cause issues with some users devices that can make it a bit of a pain..

Good Luck with replacement device..

0 Likes
DroidudeAZ
Contributor - Level 2

Glad to hear there's a patch coming out. I hope it will make GB stable. I have less than 10 apps that I've downloaded on my phone now (from about 26) and it shut down the other night when I was changing wallpaper. After I made my selection, the phone froze up and I had to have someone at Verizon do a master reset on my phone. It was working well sense then, but today it's slowing down and I find I'm power cycling it more. Curiously, the Motorola Social Widget app (Blur lite) is working better. It doesn't repeat nearly as many posts as before. I'm confident that none of the apps I've downloaded are causing my issues. I've researched them all thoroughly and none are known to cause issues. I have looked on the Motorola blog and one of their people have also said there are some glitches with Gingerbread. After 2.2 came out last fall, it was glitchy until Verizon and Motorola sent a patch out. Then it was pretty awesome.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

I as well have had a few little snips an snares with Birtha i've noticed when i'm using Wi-Fi an kick it off . the Network does'nt want to kick back on an i've used  the restore app you told me about wildman an tried doing the airplain on an off an it won't come back on it just shows the four bars. An the only way to get it back on is to shut the phone off an repower it up again.

An more than once it'll be streaming music an it'll just quit an the signal indicator will go from blue to white or drop off copletly then reapear a few sec. later.

This update is needed.: i just hope it resolves the issues in hand an its not to far off .!

0 Likes
Not applicable

gej1,

I understand how frustrating this issue can be and recognize the importance of having a reliable cell phone. We have identified some issues in the Gingerbread software, but not to the magnitude you are having, and not all of your issues. Specifically, I not heard any issues of the clock not updating or music randomly playing. We are researching a power cycle issue and problems making calls, but not every single Droid X with Gingerbread is having these issues. It sounds like you have done all the troubleshooting we would normally recommend and can verify this is not an issue with any applications. I would recommend having a replacement phone sent to you.

0 Likes
gej1
Contributor - Level 1

Thanks for the reply .The phone is getting worst. yesterdaymy daughter broke her foot she sent me a text at 6:20 pm and I got text at8:30 pm and didn't get it till phone rebooted by itself.I am kinda loosing faith in motorola Is there anywayto get it replaced with a htc product?

thank you for showing interested in my problem. How do I give you a kudo    GARY JONES

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Gary have you tried any of the resetting programs like wildman or Cody  has pute on the Post And to give a Kudo were the star is on the left hand side pute mouse on it an click.

In Htc the droid Incredible 2 is a good choice its not 4G but with a good 8 pix camera an other things the HTC has in it. I would get it if something would happen to my Dinc. that i have Now.

Update: i did see were you done those things allready have you called Verizon an asked them if hey can help ya out . But that incredible 2 from what the reps have told me is doing the best at the Corp. stores.

0 Likes