poor reception with 2..2
regit3

I had amazing reception with my droidx with 2.1 when compared to my old droid1. Then once the 2.2 froyo update came out, my signal became  much less and is not horrible in my dorm. I barley get any signal at all and i can barley make use of my great phone now which is super frustrating.

I have tried the *228 and 2 to update cell towers, and it did not help my problem at all. Please help me verizon, i love the phone but its useless without good service!

0 Likes
Re: poor reception with 2..2
toolbox681
I agree. I drive semi and since the update my reception isn't nearly as good as it used to be. Also don't have 3g all the time like before.
0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

I can also verify a diffrence in reception after update but after I did *228 and option #2 to update roaming all appeared the returned to normal.

0 Likes
regit3

anyone else got any other suggestions since this seems to be a problem multiple people have?

0 Likes
regit3

just did a factory reset and cleared cache and now I am no 3g at all. Verizon please help!!!

0 Likes
regit3

it seems my signal just dies as i turn it n. When i first turn on my phone its 3g is pretty much full. I do not move my phone more then 5 ft and its signal drops to barley 1 bar of 1x and is horrible. How can the signal drop without moving the phone?

I had such good signal before 2.2 in this same location!

0 Likes