phone turning off
JakeGunth85

I dont know why but my phone turns off 2 to 3 times a day by itself and sometimes it happens once my phone freezes other time it could be laying on my table and i hear the charge eye coming on anyone dealing with this?

0 Likes
Re: phone turning off
colfrmb

htc thunderbolt does this also...

0 Likes
GreenRobot
Contributor - Level 3

I have had mine reboot twice in the last week but I noticed it does it when I'm running a certin app ( google music ). Maybe try a factory reset and see if does it again but do not have tech support send you a new Chrage till you have isolated that it's not an app causing the reboots. The charge is brand new and not all apps are completely compatable on this device yet. So I recommend a master reset and only download a couple apps a day then if it starts rebooting try removing the most recent apps. 

0 Likes
GreenRobot
Contributor - Level 3

colfrmb wrote:

htc thunderbolt does this also...

My HTC Thunderbolt didn't start rebooting till after the update and I doubt that these issues are related. Besides possible 4g issues which could be possible knowing its track record.

0 Likes
DionM_VZW
Verizon Employee

Greetings community members! Spontaneous restarts can happen with any device, be it 4G capable or not. In fact, the smarter the phone, the more likely one will see it restart. Restarts can be the result of software update implementation or of cache clearing. Since different phones behave differently, I haven’t a single explanation for why both the Droid Charge and the Thunderbolt would do this with any great regularity. In any case, I’m happy to assist. Please advise if this issue is still occurring on the Charge. Thanks!

0 Likes
Not applicable

To add to what the previous users posted, the phone power cycling could be caused by a number of factors. You said this happens a lot when the phone freezes. Do you notice it freezing with a certain application? I would recommend trying to uninstall some applications to see if the phone may have an issue with a certain application. You can also clear the cache if it happens within a certain app by going to Settings>Applications>Manage Applications>All>Clear cache/data/force stop. If still having these issues, a factory reset is recommended. 

0 Likes