outgoing mail problem - help!
nadeem
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi,

Gmail and Yahoo mail works great; however, I was having trouble with a custom email setup. The problem is with the outgoing email and not the incoming email. I set up an IMAP connection for incoming and it syncs very well. When I try the outgoing, it is unable to send email and there is no error message that could tell me what went wrong.

Settings used for IMAP (and it works):

Server: [connect.wayne.edu]

Port: [993]

Username: [myusername]

Password: [mypassword]

[select] Use secure connection

[unselect] Verify certificate

Settings for outgoing mail that does NOT work:

SMTP server: [connect.wayne.edu]

Port: [587]

Username: [myusername]

Password: [mypassword]

[select] Use secure connection

[unselect] Verify certificate

The same mail server and port settings works on a co-worker's Droid, which is running perhaps older version of software that allows you to select  security option: [TLS] . I think the problem in Droid2 outgoing is this security option.

When I downloaded the "TouchDown" for DROID2 trial version of App (by NitroDesk), the outgoing email works without any trouble. However, I want my fix the email software that came with Droid2.

Regards,

Nadeem

0 Likes
Re: outgoing mail problem - help!
everettjte

Me too, but using POP incoming which works well.  not having any luck with Touchdown either.

0 Likes
Re: outgoing mail problem - help!
everettjte

when  "TouchDown" would not work i kept looking and solved my problem from the links on this page from motorola. My problem was cox.net smtp.  works great now after i found the settings for secure email..

https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/list/session/L2F2LzEvc2lkL2JYejkzNzhr/kw/ema...

0 Likes