odd behavior after 2.2 upgrade
teflonkoss

Completed the 2.2 upgrade today, and now the phone is acting very odd. It randomly "presses" the lower left hand selection.

So if I access the gmail app, it will automatically archive some emails.

When I leave the phone unattended, it will go to the dialpad, since thats on the bottom left.

Anyone had a similar issue?

Thanks 

0 Likes
Re: odd behavior after 2.2 upgrade
Android10
Contributor - Level 3

Hello!  This is Noah with Verizon Wireless, hope you are having a great day.  The  issues you seem to be having appear to be phone software problems.  What I can recommend is that you power that phone off, remove and replace the battery to do a soft reset on that device.  Then dial *228 send option 1 on the phone. 

The only significant Gmail changes with the Froyo 2.2  update were the forward and back buttons that were added to allow you to move quickly through emails.   For your email issues I recommend you check your email settings in your Gmail account, archived emails are usually emails that have been viewed from the phone or from a PC.    

Also you might want to make sure the new dial pad widget is not being pressed accidentally. 

Soft Reset

Press the Power key.

Touch Power off.

Touch OK.

Press the Power key to power on the device.

Remove and reinstall battery and power on device.

0 Likes
eyesonherhorizo

Having an odd problem here. In regards to the music player after the 2.2 update. I will go to play music, either from an album or on shuffle. It will play one song and then freeze. I have to pull the battery to fix it and then after that it plays fine. Issue is I'm often in the car when this happens and can't really be fussing with pulling the battery from my phone. Any ideas? Should I do a factory data reset and see if that helps? I have everything backed up but they're still kind of a pain to do.

0 Likes
Android10
Contributor - Level 3

The factory reset would be the last course of action. First try making sure that you do not have any other music programs running in the background. You can close them out under settings, applications, running applications, then you would choose the music applications and force close. This should prevent the files from being used by 2 separate players.

Also make sure that you have the most updated version of the update.

From the main screen, touch menu tab
Touch Settings
Touch About Phone
Touch System Updates

0 Likes
hard2handle

Ok, so I've been spending most of my time on the Motorola support forum and hearing quite a few people with similar problems.  Since the 2.2 update my browsing speed seems significantly slower, when accessing my gallery for pictures or video it takes much longer to load the thumbnails and it loads them haphazardly.  I am no longer getting updates from either my facebook or from my last homescreen with news and tips and tricks.  These are all since 2.2 which I had to do a battery pull to get working after downloading since my screen was blacked out after the download. 

Issues with Droid X prior to 2.2 and not seeming to be fixed by 2.2 are the 3G signal.  Again doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason to when I have 3G or not.  When I'm in a spot that normally has strong 3 G coverage all of a sudden I will get nothing.  For 5 to 10 minutes at a time.  This is really annoying as we are all paying for data plans that we can't access due to our devices when we would like to . 

Overall I have to say I am extremely disappointed with the Droid X and wish I would not have waited for 2.2 hoping it would fix things instead of taking it back when I could before my 30 days was up. 

0 Likes
Android10
Contributor - Level 3

I apologize and understand your frustrations with the update.  What I  can recommend  is having a store  technician take a look at that device.

You can also do a factory reset, be advised that you will lose the data on the device. 

1. Turn off the phone
  2. Press Power + Home at the same time
  3. Display will show a triage android screen
  4. Press the search hardkey - this will unhide the menu and show the following options 
    1. Reboot system Now
    2. Apply sdcard:update.zip
    3. Wipe Data/Factory Reset
    4. Wipe Cache Partition
  5. Use VOL Down key to scroll down to "Wipe Data/Factory Reset", press camera key to select option and wipe device.

Soft Reset
Press the Power key.
Touch Power off.
Touch OK.

Note: If device is non-responsive have user remove and reinstall battery and power on device.

0 Likes
jay2005us

THE PROBLEM IM HAVING IS WITH TEXING MESSAGING... MY NEW TEXT ARE GOING TO THE BOTTOM OF THE LIST INSTEAD OF THE TOP. AND SOMETIMES COMING IN RANDOM ORDERS. I HAVE FRIENDS HAVING THE SAME ISSUE. CAN ANYONE HELP?

0 Likes
Android10
Contributor - Level 3

I apologize and understand your frustrations with the update.  What I  can recommend  is having a store  technician take a look at that device.

You can also do a factory reset, be advised that you will lose the data on the device. 

1. Turn off the phone
  2. Press Power + Home at the same time
  3. Display will show a triage android screen
  4. Press the search hardkey - this will unhide the menu and show the following options 
    1. Reboot system Now
    2. Apply sdcard:update.zip
    3. Wipe Data/Factory Reset
    4. Wipe Cache Partition
  5. Use VOL Down key to scroll down to "Wipe Data/Factory Reset", press camera key to select option and wipe device.

Soft Reset
Press the Power key.
Touch Power off.
Touch OK.

Note: If device is non-responsive have user remove and reinstall battery and power on device.

0 Likes
PacoX
Enthusiast - Level 3
I hate the factory reset answer. Its become the scapegoat of IT. Fir the music issue, go into Settings > Application > Manage, find the Music app and clear data. Works with several other apps also. If you have problems across the board, factory reset, activate but done set up your accounts. Go to Settings > Privacy > uncheck backup and automatic backup. Set up you accounts and redownload you apps.
0 Likes
hallcp1019
Contributor - Level 2

my home keys dont light up after i boot my phone until i hit the lock key about 5 times and i have no blue led for calls?

0 Likes