not so incredible on the rear speaker.
dadsterflip

had my incredible for about a month and a half and now just this morning phone rang and heard cracking like my speaker was blown. thought it was the the song so i put the default ringtone and no luck. i did a soft reset, *228 update, power down regular and my speaker still cracking like its blown. no dust or dirt or antyhing on the speaker itself. call VZW and said that it was a software issues but thing is it never did it till now. so i don't think it could be it but i could be wrong. anyone come across this problem that fixed it or?  thx in advance

0 Likes
Re: not so incredible on the rear speaker.
AZSALUKI
Legend

no....but there was a post a while back about noticing a shake or a vibrate when the phone was set down. i had never noticed it until i read the complaint so i lightly tapped on the back of my phone, near the speaker, and sure enough, it vibrates or rattles. i paid it no mind at the time, but it does sound suspiciously CHEAP. and the speaker quality was already the only thing i was pretty disappointed in. we rock my brother's blackberry at the pool and it's pretty good. the speakers on the inc are inferioir to many other devices, in my opinion. i already thought it wasn't very loud, and after reading what your's has done, i'm iffy to even turn it all the way up now.

0 Likes
dadsterflip

yea, i wouldn't turn it up all the way. the sad thing is that i have my volume 2 notches before max and half the time its on vibrate cause of work and it still messed up. im very careful about my inc but like you said its some cheap made or what not.. so now i got VZW send me a new one hopefullt it holds up longer than a month or so... that includes me actually using it...

0 Likes
BDiddy

Is the built-in speaker really that important?  I mean, what kind of sound quality can anyone really expect from a speaker that small?  Sound quality through the headphone jack is much more important to me, and I find that it is excellent with my V-Moda Vibe earbuds.  If you need a better speaker, there are a whole bunch of 3rd party speakers that plug into the headphone jack that will probably give you what you need.

0 Likes
dadsterflip

well, im not worry about quality. i didn't pay 200 bucks just to get a defective product. plus when my phone rings it uses the the external speaker and all i hear is cracking. i don't use it for anything else even playing music so its pointless for me to get a 3rd party speaker.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

it's not THAT important......but when i've heard other devices (that are about 2 years old) with far more superior speakers, it is a bit annoying. i don't normally use it as my stereo, but it's nice to just throw music on when i'm at the pool or the park or somewhere with my kids.....without draggin external speakers around. like i said, no big deal....it's just that media is a huge part of the device war (moto x, EVO, etc) i just found it a bit odd that older blackberries (geared more towards business, not media) could put in better speakers than the "incredible."

0 Likes
dadsterflip

yep. phone itself is awesome. but just sad where they couldn't work a better external speaker on the phone. its like oh 1ghz processor, oled screen, race inspired body, garage sale speaker built into it. but like i said i dont' use it much but i also don't like hearing when my phone goes off and its cracking or slowly drowning sound..

0 Likes
Steve046

I had the same problem and called tech support and they shipped me a refurbished phone put it does the same thing, wonder if we have to wait for an update from vzw to solve the problem?

0 Likes
Fuzzy43

I doubt it's a software issue. On my second phone and this one is doing it also (after Froyo update) HIghly dissapointed in this phone, from the random reboots, the memory full warning, the connectivity issues, the fried speaker, poor battery life, the bloat-ware...you get the picture...like I said, highly dissapointed....

0 Likes
Bob3894

Bought my first incredible in june. Im getting ready to receive my 4th one. The speaker is junk!!!

0 Likes