new folders
1gwa

I need folders for saving different categories of data. I called verizon & the gal told me how to add a folder from the menu key. (menu key>+add>folder) OK, no problem. Except I can't rename the folder, direct any data to it, or delete it. I can hold my finger down on the folder and the trash bin highlights, but when I drag the folder to the bin it just goes back to where it was on the home page. Anyone have this problem or know the solution. And of course I still have the data and categorizing it problem. Thanks.

Later,

Greg

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: new folders
dbaum23
Enthusiast - Level 1

As for deleting empty folders, just drag it down to the bottom of the screen to the on screen folder button.  When it turns red release it and it will delete it from the screen.  I did this and the folder appears to be gone from both of my menus.  I'm not sure if this also works for folders containing anything though.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Aximtreo
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm having the same problem and those who have looked at the users manual for the Droid, it's useless for things like this. Thanks for any help you can offer to us both.

0 Likes
dbaum23
Enthusiast - Level 1

To rename a folder, when the folder opens hold in the top part of the folder at the very top and a screen will pop up to rename it.  Not sure yet how to delete one though as I made one for ringtones just to finally figure out how to use one from a text message.  Hope this helps...

0 Likes
dbaum23
Enthusiast - Level 1

As for deleting empty folders, just drag it down to the bottom of the screen to the on screen folder button.  When it turns red release it and it will delete it from the screen.  I did this and the folder appears to be gone from both of my menus.  I'm not sure if this also works for folders containing anything though.

0 Likes