my droid mini is acting crazy
ssmada

my droid mini will not hold a charge and will only turn on for a limited time it is extremely frustrating and i have taken it to the store and they say there is nothing they can do i am extremly insulted i pay my bill along with a lot of money for my phone now the phone gets really hott while charging which makes me assume that it is the battery now anyone with a mini knows that you cannot ruin the battery because the back of the phone does not come off is there anything that can be done about this without costing me more money

0 Likes
Re: my droid mini is acting crazy
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Ssmada,

Let's locate your missing charge! I know its important to have a device that works properly. Has there been any liquid or physical damage to this device? If your device is getting really hot, please do not use the device. What did the store say about your device? When did this battery issue start? Send me a Private Message with your mobile number for account review.

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes
ssmada

Now tho I regret to inform my mini will not let me download my previous

apps any help with this would be great

On Dec 2, 2013 1:30 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Ssmada

That's a very odd issue. Let's get this fixed! Is the device backed up? If so try this and retest: http://support.verizonwireless.com/support/devices/knowledge_base.html/83492/

Please let me know if the issue persists.

JoeL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
miniturtle

My droid mini is having similar issues. It started taking a really long time to charge and doesn't hold the charge for long once it's fully charged.  It also get's really hot as it's charging.  It's odd because it just started doing this after a few months.  Has there been a resolution for this? Is it a defect?

Things to note:

- No water damage

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's look further into this miniturtle! How many hours does the device last from a full charge? Have you tired using a different charger in effort to find the root cause? Did anything specific happen a few months ago when you noticed this? Please share.

TominqueBo_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
djdrewakee

My phone is acting like Ssmada. It would get really hot when I charge it and charges really slow. I haven't had this phone for more than a year and is the worst phone I've ever had. Its my first android, I'm used to apple. the reason I got this phone was for battery life, but it can't even hold a full charge for more than 4 hours. I even have WiFi and data turned off and brightness as low as possible, kill apps I don't use, etc. The display shows up its using like 70% I'm not sure why. Now my phone won't charge at all. I have used about 5 different chargers now. They used to work then next day they don't even charge my phone. Why?? I just want to fix my phone and let it charge.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Djdrewak,

Hearing about how hot your phone is getting is very worrisome and we want to make sure you are safe. Please take your phone to the nearest Direct Store location http://bit.ly/3SdsA with the charger for a hands on evaluation.

SarahO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes