Re: my 13 year old called - he wants his OS back
googly_eyes

I wouldn't care if I could turn it off completely, but since it is always running, it's an issue for me.

Unfortunately your analogy is off, as just becuase they said it was there, they didn't disclose all it's bugs (like corporate email notifications not working) or the crippling of the HDMI port, or the fact that City ID runs forever and you can't get rid of it.

I bought the car, love the color, but want the brakes to work too.

0 Likes
googly_eyes

Why do you assume I didn't test it?

I couldn't set up my corporate email on a store phone and carry it for several days to discover a bug now could I?

They didn't have the app that tells you every program they are running in the background so I had no way of knowing how much bloat was running.

I couldn't try and uninstall all the apps I didn't want off the phone in the store could I?

I DID test the phone, loved the hardwae, but (and I admit) foolishly thought I could completely turn off MotoBlur.

0 Likes
andrewbarron
Enthusiast - Level 3

Just out of curiosity...

Have any of you owned a blackberry?  The rollercoaster of bugs and fixes and more bugs that RIM introduced to the world...is amazing. I now have zero faith in any advertising that any phone maker...or maker of anything for that matter, tells the whole truth or releases anything that doesn'thave a problem deeply rooted into it.

Secondly, nobody can be fully satisfied...That works for most, might not for you, and definitely wont for others.  I can only imgaine what it's like to try and deliver the mail to so many customers.

As long as the basics are covered, that is a good start.  Finding a way to get around each persons individual concerns is definitely an issue.  Motoblurr and its shortcomings...or lets say lack of individualailty...should be addressed.  Honestly one of the high points for me in getting a DX, was the ability to do things with the phone that are not possible on RIM OS's.  Hell or high water...I think I'm in better shape by upgrading out of a Storm.

0 Likes