multiple problems - internet connection and freeze.
jjjjjjjjjjjjjjj

i have problems with my droid 2. 

1. connection

next to window or outdoor where i used to have full bar and other people have no problem  it often drops to one or no, also it keep changing from no to full bar. 

another thing is,  even when i ha  full bar, it lost internet connection. usually it comes back after rebooting or turn on airplane mode. 

2. freeze

the phone doesn't wake up from  sleep mode foten. sometimes comes back after pressing the power button multiple times or open and close the slide keyboard, but sometimes I have to reboot. 

i know everyboy experience some connection problem and freeze, and it wasn't that bad. I usd to experienced this once a few days or week, which was acceptable. but now it got worse these day, i often lost e-mail notification i had waited for, and need to reboot the phone several times a day. I have reset the phone, it seemed ok right after reset but it came back.

is there any solution for these problems, or should i ask replacement?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: multiple problems - internet connection and freeze.
EdW_VZW
Verizon Employee

jjjjjjjjjjjjjjj wrote:

1. connection

next to window or outdoor where i used to have full bar and other people have no problem  it often drops to one or no, also it keep changing from no to full bar. 

another thing is,  even when i ha  full bar, it lost internet connection. Usually it comes back after rebooting or turn on airplane mode. 

2. freeze

the phone doesn't wake up from  sleep mode foten. sometimes comes back after pressing the power button multiple times or open and close the slide keyboard, but sometimes I have to reboot. 

i know everyboy experience some connection problem and freeze, and it wasn't that bad. I usd to experienced this once a few days or week, which was acceptable. but now it got worse these day, i often lost e-mail notification i had waited for, and need to reboot the phone several times a day. I have reset the phone, it seemed ok right after reset but it came back.

Thank you for your inquiry. As a suggestion to resolve the matter, it would be better to try doing a battery pull as opposed to a power cycle first to see if this restores a connection. As far as freezing, perhaps you have a App running contributing to the problem. I would try making sure you closed all un needed Aps and see if this improves performance. If the problem continues, perhaps removing an App and testing the performance. I also ran across a suggestion from a community member for wiping the Cache Partition that can help and is better than doing a full factory reset. It is always good to back up your data in case it is needed. 

To wipe the Cache Partition: 

1.  Power off the device.

2.  Power On Holding Home Key

3.  When any Exclamation Point Shows up Press BOTH Volume keys use the  Use Volume Keys to navigate to "wipe cache partition" and tap power button to select.

4. Wait for it to finish and select reboot system. Perhaps at that time you could remove the battery for a minute re-insert it back into the phone. Monitor the progress for a few days to see if this resolves the concerns mentioned.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: multiple problems - internet connection and freeze.
EdW_VZW
Verizon Employee

jjjjjjjjjjjjjjj wrote:

1. connection

another thing is,  even when i ha  full bar, it lost internet connection. Usually it comes back after rebooting or turn on airplane mode. 

2. freeze

Thank you for your inquiry. As a suggestion to resolve the matter, it would be better to try doing a battery pull as opposed to a power cycle first to see if this restores a connection. As far as freezing, perhaps you have a App running contributing to the problem. I would try making sure you closed all un needed Aps and see if this improves performance. If the problem continues, perhaps removing an App and testing the performance. I also ran across a suggestion from a community member for wiping the Cache Partition that can help and is better than doing a full factory reset. It is always good to back up your data in case it is needed. 

To wipe the Cache Partition: 

1.  Power off the device.

2.  Power On Holding Home Key

3.  When any Exclamation Point Shows up Press BOTH Volume keys use the  Use Volume Keys to navigate to "wipe cache partition" and tap power button to select.

4. Wait for it to finish and select reboot system. Perhaps at that time you could remove the battery for a minute re-insert it back into the phone. Monitor the progress for a few days to see if this resolves the concerns mentioned.

0 Likes