moving files
cpccritter

ok, i read all the posts about moving files to the ringtones folder in order to access them.  But how do I move them?  I can find all the ones I dowloaded in different folders, I can choose to move them, but it doesnt let me say WHERE they are going.  Do I have to plug into computer to do this?

0 Likes
Re: moving files
splicer8
Enthusiast - Level 3

If you long hold the music file the options come up....pick "use as a phone ringtone" and it will add to your ringtones.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

I use EX File Explorer, you can hold on item and select copy and then go to directory and then slide the tab at bottom of page and press on item on tab and select paste and this will copy file to that directory.

A easier way to do this is to download a app called Ringtone Picker from the market, you can select any file as a ringer or message alert without moving files. 

Also for the record I tried the press and hold and select as ringer option does not show..... What file explorer are you using that gives this option?

0 Likes
Bronco4l1fe

cpccritter wrote:

ok, i read all the posts about moving files to the ringtones folder in order to access them.  But how do I move them?  I can find all the ones I dowloaded in different folders, I can choose to move them, but it doesnt let me say WHERE they are going.  Do I have to plug into computer to do this?

It took me a while to figure it out, different than a PC.  Find the file that you want click and hold, a menu comes up select "move".  At this moment the item is checked (as if it was highlighted in a PC).  Go into the folder that you want to move it to then hit "move" at the bottom of the screen.  If you have many items to move, before selecting the item push the far left button and choose "select multiple" then do the steps above.

0 Likes