minor update on Droid camera issues
FredCDobbs

I was in the verizon store this morning exchanging my[edit] up Droid, trying to get a camera that worked. No luck, new one is the same. I can now get the corners to go green once outa ever 10 times or so. Will be returning within my 30 days. On a side note the rep was a real twit. Very moody that I wanted a fully functional device at purchase.

There is a patch coming out for the Droid on Dec 11. This according to a verizon mgr. Whether this will address the issues with the camera remain to be seen

0 Likes
Re: minor update on Droid camera issues
Kyon14

Is the camera really that bad? I never tried the droid but it said it takes dvd quality video :smileysurprised:

0 Likes
FredCDobbs

It says dvd quality. they are defining quality by the 720x whatever. Not the visual quality. These phones take great youtube videos. Thats it. you could no more watch these on a 22" monitor or a tv that you could a beta tape.

0 Likes
reallyniceguy
Contributor - Level 3
I have heard bad things about the camera, when I was playing with it at the store, it froze when trying to take a pic. Everything else worked fine tho.. oh and battery got hot while doing google search. Actually all the motorola phones ive had , get hot while in use. I guess its normal.
0 Likes
cem95z
Contributor - Level 1

I am on my second droid due to the first one not being fully functional. On day one, with the first droid, it took fair pictures outside. not fast at all. I tried my new droid camera inside for the first time today...it was crud. I could not get a cat in focus... and the cat was staying still. The flash is pointless. The verdict is still out on this phone, on weather I keep it past 30 days. I do love the google gps. It got me to a restaurant that I had never been to before with no problem... it was great to have with me when I wasn't driving, and my garmin was not in the car with me.

0 Likes
rjones

What's wrong with the camera? I've been taking pictures for three days now and no problem. It's not a substitute for a dedicated camera -- no PDA phone is --  but the resolution is pretty good and zoom works OK. Flash is nice to have. I took some pictures of a band last night and they looked pretty good.

0 Likes
cem95z
Contributor - Level 1

I would say that it being so slow and the lack of focus on the camera is the biggest problem I have with it. I wouldn't expect it to be as good as my nikon, but when they advertise 5 megapixels with flash, I guess I had a bit more expectation than what I got.

0 Likes
fezzik
Contributor - Level 3

I have heard that using one of the other camera apps helps a lot.  The stock camera apps aren't very good. 

0 Likes
dschwa

I agree.  My pics are fine for a phone.  My Nikon D60 are better duh!

Perhaps it's because I read the manual before I got the phone.  Moto has the full PDF download. http://www.motorola.com/staticfiles/Support/US-EN/Mobile%20Phones/DROID-by-Motorola/US-EN/Documents/...

0 Likes
spectrumfox
Enthusiast - Level 3
It is said that the upcoming update will fix the problems with the camera.
0 Likes