Re: minor update on Droid camera issues
snorkel

There are a few phones that can focus no problems and don't have the loud clicking sound.

I am guessing it's not a software issue because there would not be ANY phones that did not have the issue.

The fact is there is a certain number of phones that have no problem focusing and don't click during startup or during focus.

I think I got the green focus bars on my droid only a single time out of a 30 tries and the clicking is very loud and annoying.

I read on a forum that the clicking is caused by the camera sensor being improperly mounted.

The autofocus should not be that loud. I highly doubt a software patch is going to fix the clicking noise.

0 Likes
willanaya
Contributor - Level 3

the problem i have is that when i take pics of my dogs the shutter is too slow.  when i see the right pic i press the shutter button but the pic ends up taking a picture 3 to 4 seconds later. nothing but a blur.

0 Likes
lauranyc
Enthusiast - Level 2

i had a 3.2 mega pixel on my LG dare and it had better quality than the Droid on the HTC eris which is suppose to be 5.0...i'm confused why the quality seems so crappy when taking it indoors...i seem to see colorful lines throughout the photo

0 Likes