market won't come up and contacts are missing Help please
Starkisser36

Have had the Incredible 2 for about a month now, it recently did a software update, I was in deleting an app the other day and my yahoo mail disappeared (thought maybe I accidentally hit delete on that app), the market won't come up it looks like it will then it doesn't and pretty much most of my contacts are gone.

I plan to run to a verizon store tonight but if any can tell me what to do so I can avoid the trip it would be much appreciated :smileyhappy:  also would like to know if it is possible NOT to have all my facebook friends populate my contact list?

Thanks a TON in advance!

0 Likes
Re: market won't come up and contacts are missing Help please
kaleyes

I can't help with the yahoo mail, but I had my market app stop working on me as well.  The only way I was able to resolve it was doing a factory reset.  If you end up getting a solution at the Verizon store to these issues, please post a reply because these are reacurring problems, at least for me.  Thank you!

0 Likes
soranie

I 'lost' all my Google synced contacts, but still had access to Market . . .figured the source was a recent sync I did with Backup Assistant (I hadn't set it up when I first activated the phone).  After a visit to the Verizon store, I was sent home with instructions on how to do a factory reset (she couldn't figure it out)...and told me NOT to activate/synce Backup Assistant.

After a factory reset WITHOUT wiping the SD card, I only had to add back a few apps and my backgrounds. . . .I guess everything else (music, pics, videos, and a majority of my downloaded apps) were defaulted to save to the sd card.

And voila! all my Google contacts were magically back in my phone!:smileyhappy:

0 Likes
JoeL_VZW
Verizon Employee

I would be glad to assist. Its very upsetting to lose contacts and the market not working to get the Yahoo mail application( great application). Sounds like this may be an application error like one of our community members suggested. If you have checked your contacts on Google or the backup assistant siteon verizonwireless.com under My Verizon. Please Hard Reset the device and retest.

Thank you

0 Likes