low memory/update = warranty phone replacement
sbatzold

Has anyone gotten a phone replacemnt under warranty with all the low memory and upgrade problems?

0 Likes
Re: low memory/update = warranty phone replacement
Wildman
Legend

Not sure what you mean, are they giving you a replacement for low memory or did they send you a device that is reading kow memory?

0 Likes
sbatzold

no, I mean with the problems with the incredibles software upgrade has anyone pushed for a replacement phone?

0 Likes
Not applicable

Sbatzold, thanks for your inquiry and that is a great question. The good thing is that the majority of the low memory errors can be resolved by clearing up some memory of the phone. First, trying clearing cache from some large programs like Facebook, Twitter, messages, etc. Then try deleting emails from your trash bin, and reboot the phone. 

You mentioned other issues. What other issues are you having? 

0 Likes
mr_mcgibblets

My phone has been saying low on space since the update.  When I look at the memory less than half is being used.  I've done everything you mention but it's not working.

Now I'm not receiving text messages or email.

0 Likes
dinc409

Why is the vendor response always a non-effective quick fix ? I have had my DINC since April 2010, and with Android 2.1, NEVER had a low memory issue.When Verizon updated the DINC to 2.2, I STILL, NEVER had any low memory issues. All of a sudden when I installed the 2.3.4 Gingerbread OTA update, I, like many others have had nothing but problems with Low Memory. I have cleared Facebook Data, GMAIL Data, and the problem sometimes clears, and sometimes doesen't. Even when it does, within an hour or 2, the low memory again pops up on my notification bar. All my mail settings are set to download the least amount of data possible. I've even tried uninstalling GMAIL, FACEBOOK, etc., and again nothing.

As I understand, there are 3 memory areas on the phone, and more than likely this problem relatest o the "Phone Memory" area which I believe is similar to RAM on a PC.

I have the error right now, and here is my storage information:

SD Card - Total Space 29.81GB

SD Card - Available Space 28.52GB, or 95.67% Available Space

Internal (Phone) Storage - Total Space 6.60GB

Internal (Phone) Storage - Available Space 6.28GB, or 99.68 Available Space

Phone Memory (RAM?) - Total Space 748MB

Phone Memory (RAM?) - Available Space - 407MB, or 54.4% Available Space

Please, can Verizon really look into this and find a permanent solution ?

0 Likes
dinc409

Well, after more digging, I find there are 4 storage areas. Below is what I think they are:

SD Card - Total Space 29.81GB

SD Card - Available Space 28.52GB, or 95.67% Available Space

Internal (Phone) Storage - Total Space 6.60GB

Internal (Phone) Storage - Available Space 6.28GB, or 99.68 Available Space

Phone Memory (Partition With Market Installed Apps) - Total Space 748MB

Phone Memory (Partition With Market Installed Apps) Available Space - 407MB, or 54.4% Available Space

Phone RAM (Where Programs Run?) - Total Space 383MB

Phone RAM (Where Programs Run?) - Available Space 198MB, or 51.69% Available Space

So where the heck is the problem ?

0 Likes
AnthonyTa_VZW
Verizon Employee

mr_mcgibblets wrote:

My phone has been saying low on space since the update.  When I look at the memory less than half is being used.  I've done everything you mention but it's not working.

Now I'm not receiving text messages or email.

mr_mcgibblets, thanks for posting!

I would be happy to assist with the memory error and not receiving text issue!

The other Community members mentioned some troubleshooting steps they have attempted, which I'm sure you have as well.  I would like to suggest resetting your device so we can clear the device internal and RAM memory, and hopefully clear the false memory error message.  Just ensure your data is backed up prior to performing the reset.  From the Home screen, press MENU, and then tap Settings.  Tap SD & phone storage, Factory data reset.  Tap Reset phone, and then tap Erase everything.

Please let me know how this works out for you.

0 Likes
laguss4
I had low memory issue...I reset phone to factory earlier today. I STILL cannot receive text messages! To make matters worse, today is my birthday and I was not able to receive any birthday wishes via text! What else can I try?!?! Please help me!!
0 Likes
sethman

I was told by VZW support that they are offering the DINC2 as a warranty replacement for DINC's with issues sustained after the udpate.  Call them and ask.

0 Likes