Re: losing unlimited data plan
MD02
Enthusiast - Level 1

I totally agree with @Hypatia. I have been a happy VZW customer for about 5 yrs, until they decided to play cheap tricks trying to take my unlimited data plan away from me. They don't let me upgrade; want me to pay full price for a phone and yet wont get a sensibly priced Nexus5 on their network. And now that even Sprint supports Nexus5, the only conclusion to draw out of this is that vzw wants a BIG dent in their customers wallets by buying overpriced phones just so that they would be able to keep their existing grandfathered plans!!!

I have 3 lines on my plan and I'm only waiting for the last one to finish its contract. A few more months and I'm DITCHING Verizon! Thats it.

Neuroknot

Mad as hell. They changed my plan without informing me. From Unlimited Data to 500 MB/month on an iPhone 4 that I've had for nearly 3 years. My family has been with Verizon for over 10 years.

They say one of their "vendors" called us two weeks ago and we agreed to switch to the "More Everything" plan. No one in the household remembers taking the call, changing the plan, and there is no record of any call from them on the phone log.

They should rename it the more screwed plan, or the mo money plan.

I called Verizon today complained, escalated the call to a manger--all to no avail.

Walmart has iPhone 5s for $119. I'm switching to another carrier tomorrow.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Verizon will not change your plan without your permission and you would have been put on a 2 GB plan not 500 MB. Nationwide doesn't even have a 500 MB plan.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

sirguy wrote:

Verizon will not change your plan without your permission and you would have been put on a 2 GB plan not 500 MB. Nationwide doesn't even have a 500 MB plan.

But the More Everything Plan the user said they were switched to does have that size plan.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Neuroknot

Here is one of the (copied and pasted) texts from Verizon:

Verizon Msg: You've used about 90% of your 500MB data plan (cycle ends the 22nd). Extra data for this cycle will be $15 per 500MB or add 500MB to your plan for $10 more per month at vzwmobile.com/usg

That says 500.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

sirguy wrote:

Ann154 wrote:

sirguy wrote:

But the More Everything Plan the user said they were switched to does have that size plan.

And have you heard of a case with 100% proof of Verizon switching someone's plan without their consent? I haven't. Also Verizon wouldn't put them on a 500 MB plan anyway they would have put them on the 2 GB plan.

I felt there might be some missing information about that switch of plans. Either they account was hacked, someone changed their phone and didn't realize that the plan was also changed or someone didn't realize what they were agreeing to. Either way I didn't feel like I could address the plan change based on the information currently provided.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
mannyFromPhilly

I had no choice but to pay the $650 for the s5. I can't afford to lose my unlimited. Which sucks cause I go thru so much data. Last month I used almost 30 gb. I bet they hate me lol. But their data prices are ridiculously high. Trust me I'll get my money's worth within 3 months I'll make sure of it

0 Likes
dmeske
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes, I'm very disappointed in Verizon, once I get a new phone this year they tell me my unlimited data will be gone, WTF, I've had it for 5 years and we have big business account.  BAD Business move! I'm considering cancelling my service and finding a new provider. I use my data plan when I travel and that is often, that was the main reason we chose Verizon.  We are locked into a contract too, I can't see how they can legally just drop a service like that! There should be a class action suit!

dmeske
Enthusiast - Level 1

Actually they will change your plan, they told us that we had no choice, yes they informed us but after 5 years on a business account they said once we buy a new phone, the unlimited data is gone, that's just stupid!

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Once you buy a "discounted" phone your unlimited data will be gone. Pay full retail for the phone and you can keep your unlimited.