losing a ringtone
franny63
Contributor - Level 1

Well today this is the second time this has happened to me since I owned the phone. I lost a specific ringtone. One was a "message" I downloaded to tell me I got a text message then I noticed I got text messages with no sound. The message was totally gone from my phone. Today I noticed the ringtone that tells me that my husband is calling me was gone from the phone. I just got a standard ringtone. Any  one else have a problem with this?

0 Likes
Re: losing a ringtone
Gambit70

I have had this happen a couple of times.  I have several custom ringtones, and alerts, which are stored on my SD card.  For some reason I have had a couple of times when my SD card has become "unavailable".  I am not sure if it is another App that is causing it, or the phone itself.    Being the ringtones were stored on the SD card they do not play.  I rebooted the phone and let the SD card initialize and the ringtones were back. 

Also, if those ringtones were part of an App, if you uninstalled the App without saving the tone to your phone you will lose them as well.

0 Likes
Dangerous_Dave
Contributor - Level 2

Gambit70 wrote:

I have had this happen a couple of times.  I have several custom ringtones, and alerts, which are stored on my SD card.  For some reason I have had a couple of times when my SD card has become "unavailable".  I am not sure if it is another App that is causing it, or the phone itself.    Being the ringtones were stored on the SD card they do not play.  I rebooted the phone and let the SD card initialize and the ringtones were back. 

Also, if those ringtones were part of an App, if you uninstalled the App without saving the tone to your phone you will lose them as well.

+1. It's only happened a few times, but rebooting the phone makes the ringtone come back.
0 Likes
dabubbakin
Contributor - Level 3
Me also. Random SD card not working. Can't recreate the problem, can't figure out why it happens. It rarely happens. Rebooting does fix.
0 Likes