locked out of my phone
jrock9412
Enthusiast - Level 1

while i left my phone laying around, my friend tried to get into it. he got the pattern wrong multiple times. now it says i need to put my gmail name and password. i forgot the account name and password. i dont want to factory reset it because i need to save the pictures and information on it. what do i do. please help me.

Re: locked out of my phone
Wildman
Legend

On the lock screeen there is usually a option to reset password through google with some personal information....   If I remember correct that after 3 bad attempts it should ask for your email account that the phone was setup with and this should allow you to reset password...

0 Likes
Re: locked out of my phone
JoeL_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thank you Wildman for your response.

Its very frustrating to have the device locked after to many pattern attempts. I've done the same thing. If the owner forgot the email address and password and the device is locked. Master reset is the only way to resolve this issue. Please use alt method for the reset. The pictures may be saved on the SD card in the device. Unfortunately all text messages, contacts, applications, and call logs would be lost.

Thank you

0 Likes