is the dInc really old news already??
rsarno
Enthusiast - Level 2

We paid a lot of money, waited a long time, bragged and boasted to all of our friends and family. And you guys just DROP IT??

No commercials, no updates, no bug fixes, and according to every single tweet from your company "no info" regarding anything about the dInc!!

Whats this about??

I dont want the "X". Its too big, i hate moto blurr even if it is mild. I want my Incredible, and i want it to work. I demand that it works! I am not dealing with some rinky-dink company along Broadway! Im dealing with VERIZON WIRELESS and HTC and GOOGLE

Between all 3 of you i should at least expect to see patch updates, or OS updates, or bug fixes, or at least some info from your side achknowledging that your customers are having issues ...

Fine, Froyo isnt ready. Can we at least have the update to fix the random reboots, or crazy scrolling screen, or bump charging, or signal issues?? PLEASE?

Signed,

Customer of 5 years who dealt with this nonsense with the Storm1, and now dealing with it again. This will be the last time.

0 Likes
Re: is the dInc really old news already??
AZSALUKI
Legend

unfortunately....yes. i fear we will be the next version of "eris users." all the potential in the world....only to be left behind. don't get me started on the lack of true accessories!!! that being said, i still love mine and have no issues and we'll eventually get froyo. i've already seen from others (who obtained froyo through unmentionable means) that the 2.2 update is pretty nice.

0 Likes
Dangerous_Dave
Contributor - Level 2

AZSALUKI wrote:

unfortunately....yes. i fear we will be the next version of "eris users." all the potential in the world....only to be left behind. don't get me started on the lack of true accessories!!! that being said, i still love mine and have no issues and we'll eventually get froyo. i've already seen from others (who obtained froyo through unmentionable means) that the 2.2 update is pretty nice.

I am one of those former Eris users. Yes, I wad shocked that my Eris was yesterday's news shortly after leaving the store. But I talked to a friend at VZW who told me it looked like dual core processors would be here by the end of the year. I bought the Inc anyway and am happy to say it's pretty bug-free. I love the phone as-is and am anxious to see what Froyo brings. But I'm not gonna lose sleep waiting for it. I did enough of that waiting on 2.1 for my Eris. It'll get here when it gets here.
0 Likes
rsarno
Enthusiast - Level 2

There are a lot of us who are in need of an update to fix various bugs.Some of the bugs are minor, but this is a BRAND new phone! There is no excuse to not have these issues fixed.

- Random Reboots

- Battery not fully charging, therefor needing to "Bump Charge"

- Crazy scrolling screen on occassion

- Caller ID pics are always blurry, even if you use pics taken with the phone that are clear

- Signal issues

- Call Quality issues

Not to mention all the benefits of updating us to Froyo ... not a single word about us from VZW!

0 Likes
tr1kst4nce

I really don't know what you guys are talking about.  I've had NO issues with my phone, other than poor battery life, which was obviously due to a weak 1350mah battery they give, and an easy fix to buy an extended battery.

None of the other issues you guys mentioned I've had... at all.  The only issue I've had from time to time is the camera freezing, but it's not a big issue, exit out and bring it back up.

You guys need to remember these phones are like computers... and they do get virus type bugs and things just like a computer... and programs (apps) that damage them... etc. 

Hope you guys get yours fixed, but so far I love mine.  Not a darn thing wrong with it.  Then again, I may not expect as much out of it as you guys, or use it for all the same things.

0 Likes
rsarno
Enthusiast - Level 2

lol its not a virus. Many many phones are fine and have no issues, but several batches have bugs. Scour any of the forums and look at threads like "call quality" and notice its like 1000 posts long. or "random reboots" etc. They are known issues.

The worst part is that they date back to the launch, and still havent been fixed!!

COMMON VZW!!

0 Likes
Re: is the din really old news already??
firstlady09
Contributor - Level 3

I can most certainly understand your frustration and I do apologize for any inconveniences that you all are experiencing. However, once we get more information on when more updates will become available for you we will inform you. Hope this helps.

Casonia

0 Likes
BrianAB

Casonia - This is a pretty weak response. I have been a Verizon customer for many years, as is my entire family. I (like many)totally avoided IPHONE, because it was not available on the Verizon network. I don't understand why any information as to the updates or fixes for the HTC Incredible is not available. Verizon must know what the status is. I've accepted my 2 year commitment to this phone, can't Verizon at least keep me informed as to the status. The lack of information, literally takes the joy out of owning a new product.

0 Likes
rsarno
Enthusiast - Level 2

I appreciate you chiming in, and i know this is nothing to blame on you personally.

But your response is a canned reply id get if i called 611

I paid a lot of money, in the middle of a recession, in order to have the latest (at the time), the greatest, on the most reliable network.

From DAY ONE there were bugs. I am not alone, there are hundreds, if not thousands of people with similar bugs.

If i took my car home off the lot and got home to find out the ashtray was busted and radio didnt turn on, would i accept it?

Im beyond demanding to have it fixed right away (which is a reasonable request!), im at the point where id just like VZW to make a statement saying "We achknowledge the following bugs; X, Y, Z. We are currently working on this and will roll out updates to resolve these issues as they become available. Please accept our apologies."

But no ... not a single word. Nothing!

And then on top of that we get rumors of a small update patch, and then its retracted and rolled into Froyo, which we never get??

{please keep your posts courteous}

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

AZSALUKI wrote:

:smileysurprised: In my view I still see the Incredible like a new phone still. It was released not to long ago. If you want to talk about "old" phones see the original Motorola Droid or HTC Eris. Be lucky that the Incredible users will get 2.2. eventually. Not everyone will have the chance to get it :smileysad:

0 Likes