instant wireless sync?
mlknez
Enthusiast - Level 2

I caught the tail-end of a Bionic commercial that said something about instant wireless sync with a pc.  What is that all about and what is the functionality/operational aspects?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: instant wireless sync?
Wildman
Legend

mlknez wrote:

That is streaming not synching.  Just because a document is on my home computer, doesnt mean it is "instantly available" to my phone...

connectivity issues

computer down

hard drive down

etc.

I agree but that is the feature that the commercial appears to be speaking of....  If you look at the method in video with method the user used to access files they are the same..   It is streaming but as usual marketing found a way to advertise old features as a new technology..

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Are you speaking of this video?   If so it appears it works through Verizon manager app and when you buy music it can be automatically be sent to device also...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtV359pPYVE

0 Likes
gina7289
Contributor - Level 2
Theres an app on the bionic that u can take files from computer to ur phone.
0 Likes
mlknez
Enthusiast - Level 2

What is the app?

0 Likes
gina7289
Contributor - Level 2
Zumocast by motorola i think
0 Likes
VZWExpert
Enthusiast - Level 3

ZumoCast is an app that comes standard on the Bionic. You install the ZumoCast client on your computer at home (Windows or Mac) and select the folders you wish to share. As long as your computer is powered on and connected to the internet, you can access your files from your phone and stream them directly to your phone.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Your correct the name is ZumoCast...

0 Likes
mlknez
Enthusiast - Level 2

That is streaming not synching.  Just because a document is on my home computer, doesnt mean it is "instantly available" to my phone...

connectivity issues

computer down

hard drive down

etc.

0 Likes
gina7289
Contributor - Level 2
So was i right or wrong about it?
0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

mlknez wrote:

connectivity issues

computer down

hard drive down

etc.

I agree but that is the feature that the commercial appears to be speaking of....  If you look at the method in video with method the user used to access files they are the same..   It is streaming but as usual marketing found a way to advertise old features as a new technology..

0 Likes