Re: incredible 2 skype video call help
Blackepoxy
Enthusiast - Level 1
You must be on 2.3.3 and get the correct version of skype on your dinc2, the one that comes pre installed will not work, clear the data on the pre installed one and download skype from the android market our use version 2.0.0.47 or higher. It will work.
0 Likes
Blackepoxy
Enthusiast - Level 1
0 Likes
garyyager

Yep, I'm video calling using version 2.1.046.

0 Likes
incredible 2 skype video call help no longer needed
stickrep2

Eureka! The community contributions gave me what I needed to know. I downloaded regular SKYPE from the website, went into the menu and chose video call, and it works, even though it cautions that the quality may not be good.

I'm happy and satisfied! Thanks to those who made suggestions. (I went to the 8 am traiining at the store last week and the trainer did not know how to make it work.)

0 Likes
Re: incredible 2 skype video call help no longer needed
garyyager

Skype Video Instructions:

1. Your Incredible 2 must be up to date with most current Verizon Update, Android 2.3.3.

2. If you are using the pre-installed Skype Mobile app:  Quit using it.  

2.  A. Launch Skype Mobile app > Settings > Uncheck Sign in Automatically.

2. B.  Launch Settings app > Applications > Manage Applications > Skype Mobile > Clear Data.

3. Download & Install Skype app From Android Market.  

4. Launch Skype app (Not Skype Mobile).

5. Go To Settings, Check "Enable Video Calling". 

6. If You get a warning that your device hasn't been certified, just ignore it.  The HTC incredible S has been certified and the HTC incredible 2 is very similar. 

0 Likes
culotta0048

apparently skype is saying you need a 4g phone to do the video call and the software update is coming soon.

but my son found a site where we tested it and it works just fine on the htc droid incredible 2 which is not a 4g phone.

use ooVoo instead of skype. it has video chat for any phone that is capable.

www.oovoo.com

0 Likes
culotta0048

www.oovoo.com works just fine

0 Likes
jordtwodel

First, how do I find out if I have the latest update for my incredible 2?

I did everything that you said to do but I can't find settings once I launch Skype?  Is there a reason for that?  Please let me know how to find this so that I can make the video chat work.

0 Likes
kayjn

Thanks a million for posting the solution! I too, purchased the Incredible 2 for the ability to Skype, and have not been able to until now.

:womanvery-happy:

0 Likes
incrediable2
Enthusiast - Level 3
I use Tango, work perfect. Only request a user name and email, no password need.
0 Likes