incredible 2 phone button not working
mamasusieq
Enthusiast - Level 1

i have the htc incredible 2 and since this morning i havent been able to use the phone button on my phone, when i click on it a grey bubble pops up that says phone but thats it. also in my texts all the names are totally gone and it just has the number. i havent downloaded any type of messaging app and they arent new phone numbers or anything. what can i do to fix it? HELP!

Tags (4)
0 Likes
Re: incredible 2 phone button not working
DionM_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi there mamasusieq! Sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Incredible 2. The behaviors you've described do not fall within the norm for that phone. I recommend that you try basic troubleshooting of the problem by removing and reinstalling the battery to see if your power and text functions return to normal. Please advise if this works. If not, I have more suggestions. Thanks!

0 Likes
mamasusieq
Enthusiast - Level 1

actually that was the first thing i did when it stopped working and it didnt help. know any other tricks?

0 Likes
DionM_VZW
Verizon Employee

Please go to Settings> About phone> Software information and provide the Software Version currently loaded to the phone. Have you downloaded and/or installed any applications that allow you to change or adjust the appearance of the device display?

DionM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
sirrobertm

I might also add that if you have Backup Assistanct, all of your contacts should be backed up there, and you can go online to Verizon's website and make sure that they are all there.  In the past I have seen them moved to trash, but you can still get them back if there are there.

0 Likes
mamasusieq
Enthusiast - Level 1

nope i havent downloaded any app like that. here is the software information:

ANDROID VERSION

HTC SENSE VERSION

SOFTWARE NUMBER

MORE

baseband, kernal version, etc

PRI VERSION

1.92_002

PRL VERSION

ERI VERSION

0 Likes
mamasusieq
Enthusiast - Level 1

i didnt think about doing that, its just so oodd because my contacts are still in my phone but for some reason in my text messages where it used to say the name it only says the phone number..

0 Likes