incredible 2 messed up and verizon is a scratched record
mscoutfan

i have now talked to numerous verizon associates and they all want the same thing each time. call from a phone other than cell. take battery out, reboot, factory reset everytime. and i get the same results if not worse. i have asked for 2 simple questions to be answered honestly from verizon and yet to get an answer worthy. I have logged complaints here, thru email, thru twitter facebook etc.... nothing no answer at all from them or from htc. filed complaint with bbb on verizon and htc. nothing from htc and verizon once again same as above. call, take battery out, reboot, factory reset. I am sick of this they are a scracthed record. all they do is read from script and do not give a flying whatever about their customers. they ask same questions everytime and im like hello read your own websites under discussions. read your twitter read you facebook. up until last month's update i would have praised verizon and htc. now its all i can do not to throw everything in the trash. i wish all of you with issue better luck than what i have had.

0 Likes
Re: incredible 2 messed up and verizon is a scratched record
scott21
Contributor - Level 2

LOL, i understand vzw tech people love those's scripts. Like with any company you get some good tech hard do but gotta keep at it.

demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

If your problem isn't being solved, tell them you want a replacement. 

0 Likes
BDA
Contributor - Level 1

I have the same issues, ever since the update my perfectly working phone has taken a serious nosedive. Yesterday it decided that I didn't need to receive phone calls unless it thought it was necessary. I could get texts and call out just fine. This weekend I suddenly had about 50 contacts suddenly appear as unknown and they all had no info in the contact. This is the second time this has happened to me with Android, the first was the Droid X fiasco when they updated to Gingerbread and totally ruined an awesome phone. After several of those being replaced I finally got VZW to send me the Dinc2  and it has been a great device until the July update. I have an update coming in August and I asked if I could upgrade early and they said yes as long as its not an iPhone, which is what I want to go to. Just pretty much done with the whole android thing.

0 Likes
fampro
Enthusiast - Level 2

Didn't know you made your own post - wanted to let you know - SO FAR - they sent me a replacement - and it hasn't had the exact issues I had before.   BUT - I've also noticed I've received no notifications for updates to go to the latest version - so it's like they have some phones turned off on automatic updating now to the latest version.  HMM - but I thought it's only HTC that controls the updates..  🙂

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

HTC writes the firmware (based on Android, of course), Verizon pushes the updates.

0 Likes
MBurton

Verizon is useless in trying to resolve the reboot, freezing and other issues with this phone.  I have now gone through 3 re=certified phones and none of them work beyond the thrird week of re-activating.  I even tried contacting HTC and they said same thing or to ship the phone back and they would fix it and return it.  HA!  No phone and no temp phone from Verizon.  Does anyone have an answer to this problem that is plaguing everyone?  Cant afford to buy out contract - will everyone like to gang up on Verizon and have them resolve these issues?  I am so frustrated.    

Now I have a new issue - the setting to turn turn off the screen display does not work.  I had it set to two minutes, all it does now is dim after the two minutes is up and the phone begins to get warm.  Arrgghhhhhh!

0 Likes
dawn81

I have this same issue and it is super frustrating, clearly it's a problem with the phone and they are denying it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi MBurton,

I'm sorry to learn of the rebooting and display setting issues you are experiencing with your phone. Your post indicates that your replacement phones work for about 3 weeks and then issues reoccur. This is a sign that issues may be caused by third party applications installed on the phone as it works properly at first (when no 3rd party applications are installed).

I recommend doing a factory reset http://goo.gl/gS8yO and then reinstall your 3rd party applications one at a time and test for a day before you install another 3rd party application. This process will let you identify any conflicting application and you'll be able remove it for good to stop all issues. Keep us posted.

AntonioC_VZWSupport
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes